Can't Fall Asleep!

meditation helps.. although hard at the beginning and it would wind you up if you do it the first time at night, and with the intention of calming down dramatically..

for me deep breathing works - count to 10 or whatever when you inhale and try exhaling on a longer period, that wuld definitely settle your mind and relax you, do a set of 10 (but do them all)

read somehting...

have a glass of milk...

meditation helps.. although hard at the beginning and it would wind you up if you do it the first time at night, and with the intention of calming down dramatically..

for me deep breathing works - count to 10 or whatever when you inhale and try exhaling on a longer period, that wuld definitely settle your mind and relax you, do a set of 10 (but do them all)

read somehting...

have a glass of milk...

the inhaling and exhaling seems promising, but the read something...? I don't know about that cuz i don't like to read...

I wouldn't eat two hours before bed time and also avoid any TV & stimulating your eyes an hour before bed time. It excites the brain and some people have hard time falling asleep.

Reading a book helps me. When I was small a warm cup of milk did a wonderful job.

Have you tried melatonin? It's all natural, it may take few weeks (or never) but some people have benefited rather than taking prescription drugs (unless it's really affecting your life).

Also your bed and pillows could play a big role in the way you sleep. If you wake up with any pains or just feeling tired you may want to invest in a good mattress. It's worth every penny. For us Tempur-pedic has been the best investment we've made. We definitely fall asleep faster...the only downside is it's too comfortable to wake up in the morning!

Archived