Odd problem - Dreams... I dont have any. Why is this? Hlp!!!

Hi everyone,

Im not sure if i've posted this in the right place but here goes anyway. For quite a while now i've been having a rather odd problem for some reason i dont have any dreams and if i do have i never remember anything whilst im asleep or even when i wake up. If i do have a dream i'd be luck enough to have at least 1 a month and more than likely it's a weird or it's a nightmare. I have been to the doctors about the problem but he can't do anything really. I don't really know if anyone else has this problem but it bothers me sometimes , i am prone sometimes to worry and let negativity consume me and i become depressed but this is only sometimes, do you think this has something to do with it?

If anyone can help i'd be most greatful

Thanks.

Inu Yasha

You dream every night weather you remember it or not. What controls weather you remember it or is weather or not you wake up in the middle of it or not. Do you wake up at the same time every day? I did that for a long time, and I never seemed to dream. Once I had to start waking up at different times I started to wake up in the middle of my dreams and was able to remember them again. It’s all about sleeping patterns. If that doesn’t work, I don’t know what to tell you.

Hi Nifty,

Thanks for replying. What is the recomended amount of sleep your supposed to get a day? Maybe it is something to do with my sleeping pattern because i go to bed during the weekday i go about 11.30 and i wake up about 7.00 so i don't really know. Someone in college once suggested getting a certain stone e.g. amythst or whatever to help with my sleeping but im not really that sure. But i never rememeber anything that i dream as soon as i wake up, that's it forgotten straight away. I don't day dream either now that i have thought about it, maybe a worry to much during the day that at night is the only time i can relax and that might be why i don't get any dreams. What do you think?

Thanks.

Inu Yasha

Waking up at a different time should help. I read somewhere before that if not remembring dreams is bohtersome, than set your alarm clock 1/2 hour earlier than usual and it should wake you during a dream. You do dream everynight whether you remember it or not, so don't let it bother you. Chances are you are sleeping well. You shouldn't be waking up during a dream state, so be happy about that!