I have been feeling as though i cant talk to my mates

hey guys

recentally i have been feeling as though i cant talk to my mates (its not all my mates just my closest) about anything no matter how trivial it may be, i know people change, but it seems as though i can connect with them anymore. i dont know whether it is normal and it is just us all changing, do any of you guys have this problem?

is there anything i can do? i really dont want to loose them they're really great mates. could it be that i have spent too much time with them?

any help would be great, thanks

~LJ =;

i don't know if this is the same but i had a similar problem. i was best friends with someone for 7 years and just recently we quit speaking. our problem was we spent too much time together and just got bored of eachother. and you also have to consider that people do change. their interests and goals change as well as their personalities. you could try reconnecting with them. trying to find out just why you feel you can't speak with them anymore. just don't be pushy or clingy with them. remember eveyone needs some space and time away. i love being really close with friends but you also have to consider that they may want some "away" time.

hope that helps a little bit.....

Hi. I've been feeling the same with my best friend. We've been friends for 7 years and the past couple years there's this been this large disconnection. I mean we had no fights or anything and we still hang out, but its not the same. He's in his crowd and Im in mine and it just seems very sad that things arent the way they used to be. It's really hard to explain, but I miss the way things were

Hi,

I know what you mean, lately my friendship with my closest friends (i don't have that many) are not the same as they used to be. I can't discuss anything personal or private with them, it's as if the trust has gone even though we haven't fallen out. I don't really understand it either, maybe it's something that happens to some people at different times (just a wild guess). In the end i started treating my friends the way they treat me and it's almost like they switch their feelings on and off as they please wanting to be friends WHEN they felt like it and i really don't like that i just don't care for them the same way either.

It's complete mystery even to me, but if anyone has the answer i sure would like to hear one.

Sorry if i haven't been much help

Inu Yasha

Hi

I agree with Boxcar1134. Maybe you and your friends can take a break for a little while, and see what happens. Then later, you can talk about your different experiences. Or you can try telling your friends how you feel, and see how they respond. Maybe they feel the same way.

I can relate to your situation because I went through something similar recently. In my case, my friend and I had both changed. We had little in common, we made new friends, and we started confiding in each other less. Eventually, he stopped communicating with me. I tried bringing up the situation two weeks ago, but that didn't work. It was hard accepting that it was over, but letting go doesn't mean forgetting the lessons you learned and the memories you two shared.

Hope things work out for you.

hey everyone thank you for responding, i didnt expect this many people to be in the same situation,

me and my friends have be friends for 13 years (ive known her (one of them) most of my life) and maybe it is time for us to take a lil break from each other, but still remain friends and who know things may just get better.

thanks again

~LJ =;