An update

I have been out of touch for the past few months since I do not have internet access at home. I finally have a new job, but I am still in training and people are getting fired left and right. I cannot post from work, but I wanted to say "Happy Holidays!!!" to everyone and let you know that I am slowly getting over my ex.

He did not wish me a Happy Thankgsgiving or a Merry Christmas, so I know now that it is truly over. I have been NC for more than 3 months and it seems to be working.

Things are a bit odd. I am not drinking. I am not dating, but I am working out and taking better care of myself, so I am no longer depressed.

Some of my issues come up occasionally and I am dealing with them. There is a guy at work who is trying to break through my boundaries and while this is flattering, it is also extremely dysfunctional and I have to make sure that I do not make any of the same mistakes.

I will try to come back to this site whenever I have a free moment and I hope that everyone is doing well.

Given the apparent work environment, all the more reason not to have a work place romance. If people are getting fired left and right then something is not great about that work culture. I remember one company I worked for, on my first day someone got fired. During the 6 months I worked there people were constantly getting fired or demoted. It was very demoralizing. It looks like you are making great strides in self-improvement...that's great.

Given the apparent work environment, all the more reason not to have a work place romance. If people are getting fired left and right then something is not great about that work culture. I remember one company I worked for, on my first day someone got fired. During the 6 months I worked there people were constantly getting fired or demoted. It was very demoralizing. It looks like you are making great strides in self-improvement...that's great.

Romance has nothing to do with this relationship. It is just a couple of bored people making silly jokes that may seem inappropriate to most people. The guy is engaged but is in an open relationship. I have no intention of getting physically involved with him and I am left wondering how we even ended up talking about this type of stuff....we do not talk about it at work.

Hey ycmanvs! Merry Christmas!

Glad to hear that NC is working for you. This thread is proof that if you do NC for the right reasons you will benefit in so many ways! I too am starting to heal. The only thing I need to let go of now is the anger...the pain is in my head not my heart anymore.

I too have drawn the attention of a couple of guys from work. One is married and the other has a gf, its just harmless flirting. They would crap themselves if I actually called their bluff lol, and I am not in the slightest bit interested in them, but its a bit of a confidence boost. NOt interested in dating full stop in 2009, (which inevitably means I will meet someone, fall madly in love and then realise they're not the one of course ).

Cheers to looking after number one in 2009!

Yup, that is exactly how I feel. I am finally enjoying being alone and I have at least 3 guys who want to spend New Year's Eve with me but I just want to hang with my friends. Being single is not as hard as it was a few months ago.

Exactly! Being single is deffinately something that needs to be embraced!

I'll be damned if 2009 is gonna be the same as 2008 too! NO WAAAAY!

Just bought myself lots of new clothes in the sales and I am getting my hair done next week. Just got back in touch with an old friend, (who my ex was jealous about as my friend is a guy), which is fantastic coz he is like a big brother who I love to bits

I realise that my mum suffered tremendously in the breakup/ NC/ LC stages of 2008, and I am going to spoil her rotten in 2009! I took her to see Elton John last week, and I have just bought tickets to see Tina Turner for her in April, (she's a huge fan), and I am gonna take her out once a week for dinner/ movies/ shopping/ plays etc. I really wanna make it up to her.

What do you resolve to do in 2009 ycmanvs?

Archived