what INSPIRES you?

hey everyone.

weve had the forum question about music, so i was wondering what are some of the inspring poetry or books youve read.

could you quote it?

heres mine, i found it today:

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.

When care is pressing you down a bit

Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns

As every one of us sometimes learns

And many a failure turns about

When he might have won had he stuck it out:

Don't give up though the pace seems slow

You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out

The silver tints of the clouds of doubt

And you can never tell how close you are

It may be near when it seems so far.

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

thanks.

kel

Hey,

i find this poem really inspiring! i found it on a website and its really nice ! sorry for the simple terms !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend

How are you? I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with me too. I gave you a sunset to close your day and a cool breeze to rest you - and I waited. I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk. I have so many gifts for you! You awoke and rushed off to work. My tears were in the rain. If only you would listen to me! I love you! I try to tell you in blue skies and in the quiet green grass, I whisper it in the leaves on the trees and breathe it in the colours of the flowers, shout it to you in the mountain streams, give the birds love songs to sing. I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the ocean, and bigger than the biggest need in your heart ! Ask me! Talk with me! Please don't forget me, I have so much to share with you! I won't hassle you any further. It is YOUR decision I have chosen you and I still wait - because I love you.

Your friend ,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this alot and it means more to me everytime i read it !

Thanks

~hopskotch~ x

thanks hopskotch. great poem *winks*

has everyone ever wondered if valentines day can lead to this?

i got it over a email just wondered, not really inpiring but it makes its point:

I sit in the park where I dwell,

For this boy I love so well.

He took my heart away from me,

Now he wants to set me free.

I see a girl on his lap,

He says things to her he never said to me.

I ran home to cry on my bed,

Not a word to mother was said.

Father came home late that night,

He looked at me from left to right.

He saw me hanging from a rope,

He took his knife to cut me down.

And on my dress a note was found:

Dig my grave, Dig it deep.

Dig my grave, From head to feet.

And on the top place a dove.

And remember this, I died for love

kel

• 2 weeks later...

I got this from one of my favorite books of all times. Its really inspiring and reminds me what life is all about..

Life isn't about keeping score. It's not about how many people call you and it's not about who you've dated, are dating, or haven't dated at all. It isn't about who you've kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. It's not about your shoes or your hair or the color of your skil or where you live or go to school. In fact, it's not about grades, money, clothes, ,or colleges that accept you or not. Life isn't about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, and it's not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. Life just isn't about that.

But life is about who you love and who you hurt. It's about how you feel about yourself. It's about trust, happiness and compassion. It's about sticking up for your friends and replacing inner hate with love. Life is about avoiding jealously, overcoming ignorance and building confidence. It's about what you say and what you mean. It's about seeing people for who they are not what they have. Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise. These choices are what life's about.

Its really inspiring and lets you have an idea of what life is all about..

I'm gonna keep posting stuff from inside this book...

-Ashlee

Any of you can IM me on AIM or Yahoo..... or even email me... just look at my profile...

sure i'll take the time to look at one of those, thanks that was inspiring and a good view on what lifes about. ive had a lot of conversations with my mates recently about it also and how people live on money the way people are and make life a beauty contest, stupid really but thats how it works for some.

i agree completely with isnt not about the colour of our skin.

thanks and keep posting *smiles*

kel