He doesnt try to change anything... do we need a break?

My borfirend and I have been together for three years...we have had our ups and downs but we have never went on a break. I dont want that but it seems like we need it. Last night we had an argument about alot of stuff. I came to the conclusion that even though he has issues with me he doesnt say anything ...and in the end it makes things worse. He will acknowledge it but he never says what he will do to fix it. If I dont say what he should do it will stay the same. MY boyfriend is very quiet and because he doesnt tell me when he has issues with me I have to drag them out him or get him mad at me so he will tell me what is wrong with him. Unlike me who will tell him straight out what the problem is. I end up looking like I have alot of issues with him and that he is the bad guy even though he is not. We can have conversations about things like this and find the problem however, nothing is ever solved...I get tired of always having to solve things...is that wrong....he is so content with everything...I dont know what else to do...Im stuck...cause Im tired of always proposing things to do...I have told him that the way that he communicates with me is bad for our relationship and he knows that however he continues to do nothing....

Would a break be the right thing to do so he can see what it is like without me and not take me for granted because I think he does...if he thinks that I am gonna deal with him not talking he has another thing coming...

What should I/we do...?

Thanks

You have to do what you feel is right. Somebody can tell you that it would be a good idea to break up, but in the end it is still your decision. So no I am not going to tell you to break up with him, but I am going to tell you somethings.

First, there are three things that make all relationships work. One, is communication of all feeling and everything. The second being respect, this in my opinion is the most important, but you must have all three. The third is trust and that goes without saying. See if you have all three of these at this junction in your relationship and you will find your answers.

Nobody can make this decision for you it is yours to make and because it is you that must live with your decision.

Neallo

• 1 month later...