I'm very insecure

Sure94

I've never been like this with any other boy. I've never minded if my boyfriends speak to girls or whatever, but this one is a new story. I've been with him for half a year and I've had a few other boyfriends but this is my longest relationship. However, with all the others I didn't really mind them talking to other girls, but when I found out that he said something (he called me a friend instead of a girlfriend to a girl who called him "hot") I've been very insecure about him talking to other girls. Although we had a big discussion and he was very upset and felt very * * * * ed up for doing it I still feel very insecure. A lot of girls call him "hot" and try talking to him, he doesn't really say much back to them... Just "Uh, thanks, haha" or something along those lines, is that messed up? Am I messed up? Can somebody help me? I need an answer!

xxxx

well... i don't think your feelings are wrong or anything. especially since he neglected to tell a girl that was interested in him that you were his girlfriend. but in regards to the other stuff... he can't help it if girls think he is hot. but you aren't messed up for feeling insecure about it, it's natural, but i don't think you can stop that.

do you have any other reason to not trust him?

well... i don't think your feelings are wrong or anything. especially since he neglected to tell a girl that was interested in him that you were his girlfriend. but in regards to the other stuff... he can't help it if girls think he is hot. but you aren't messed up for feeling insecure about it, it's natural, but i don't think you can stop that.

do you have any other reason to not trust him?

Just that one, really. He's also lied to me a little in the passed. Like I'd be like "Oh, show me a picture of her" to see if she's "hot" and he's like "Nah, I haven't got one", then later on he tells me that he had one, he just didn't want to show me because I'd become insecure because she's quite pretty. I don't know if that counts but I never know if he's hiding stuff from me or not, you know? x

He may not be 100% ready to commit to you, so your insecurity is wrapped up in ill communication. Talk to him about what he wants, and if he is ready to be exclusive and settled with you.

It's hard to stay strong when you feel threatened, but talking about it with him should help.

When I mention it to him he says "You're the only one I want, honestly... I don't want anybody else" and he does mean it. He's never been in a relationship before, so he's not a man- * * * * * or anything! Am I being a bit too possessive?

When I mention it to him he says "You're the only one I want, honestly... I don't want anybody else" and he does mean it. He's never been in a relationship before, so he's not a man- * * * * * or anything! Am I being a bit too possessive?

Hm. It's hard to say. No one wants to think that their SO is playing the field or interested in someone else. Still, it's good to remain calm so you can think rationally.

In my opinion, saying you were a "friend" to a girl who is after him is inconsiderate. Like he wants to keep the attention going and might be a little immature?

Archived