am i being paranoid?

b11

i'm not sure what my deal is here.

i've been with my gf for about 5 months and we live in the same apartment building, as does another of my good friends. they are friends, too, and were before my gf and i started dating.

they'll hang out at the other's place sometimes when i'm not around. once she told me that she had hung out with him, and when i asked what they did she jokingly said that they made out. when they talk about them hanging out, it seems like they're flirting when i'm not around.

am i being paranoid? i don't want her to think i don't trust her. but honestly, i think i have a difficult time trusting just about anyone.

You could be paranoid...but I think your gut is trying to tell you something.

I've dated very few women who wouldn't be all rosey about me hanging out with another woman.

So I'd question this behavior as well.

Sorry, and good luck to you.

(hopefully it's nothing)

First of all, if anything was between them it should have shown up before you did. Second of all without serious proof then you might be just a little paranoid which, if she caught wind of, might hurt her and your relationship.

It's understandable to be somewhat jealous of another man around your girlfriend but a relationship is built on trust and as long as she isn't doing anything she shouldn't be, she's in the process of earning it from you.

I would suggest, that you take this as humour and not as anything more. However, if something more substantial raises it's head and you think that there might be something more between them, ask her about it.

XXXX

thanks for the input.

now that i think about it, while i do think that my thoughts are justified, there really isn't anything going on that didn't before we started dating.

thanks for the reality check. sometimes my mind gets stuck on something and it festers until it's out of control. this is probably the real problem.

Archived