When do you start to notice changes?

Hey everyone!

Ive recently decided that its time to take my body back. Im a 5'3 female (small-med frame). When I started college 4 years ago I was 118lbs. Due to stress, illness and general bad eating habits and lack of exercise, Ive experienced a tremendous weight gain. Each year, my weight increased about 10lbs. A few months ago, I was my heaviest weight ever... weighing in at 155lbs. I started to work on learning to relax and de-stress and I think that helped me come down to 148lbs.

Im trying REALLY hard to get back to a healthier weight. While I know 120lbs may not be possible for a long time.. I would like to aim at being closer to 130lbs. For the last 3 weeks, I've cut out all junk food/fast food. I've monitored by calories very closely (using an online calculator, and learning to read labels) to maintain about 1100 calories a day. I've also started working out... doing a variety of things ... from hiking to tennis, to elliptical at the gym, yoga, and walking. Each day I try to get in about an hour + of exercise.

I've also started eating a lot healthier... lean meats, veggies, fruits, whole wheat bread, low fat dairy... and drinking TONS of water.

With all this work, I haven't managed to lose very much weight at all and its very discouraging. When I weighed myself this morning I was 146lbs. I guess Im wondering... when will I start to see a change? In terms of my figure... I love my curves, all i really want to do is lose the tummy that I have. I know its impossible to spot train and that you really just have to do cardio to thin out all around- but Im really not seeing much of an improvement at all.

Is there anything I'm missing? Or is it just a matter of time?

It's realistic to be losing 1-2 lbs a week. Don't give up, and look for little changes. Every new muscle that showed but didn't last workout, every new vein, etc.

It's all encouraging. If nothing else, go with a friend. They keep your ass in check when you don't want to.

If you've got any specific questions, feel free to send a PM.

Archived