First Date!

stayhappy

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice really as I've just been out on a date and not sure what to do next! I've been out of the dating game for years now so not sure how one plays it these days.

I have been speaking to a guy I met over the internet and we have been talking pretty regularly for the last few weeks but only via email and IM.

We finally met up and went for a meal. Unfortunately he had to go after a few hours as he had a prior commitment but we had a nice time up to that point and got on well and the conversation flowed without any problem.

I did wonder though whether his reason to go was genuine or whether he had that up his sleeve in case of "emergencies", as I know I had something up mine I didn't get the impression though that he wasn't being honest.

The reason I'm posting on here is I don't know what I should or shouldn't do next. I text him after the date and said thanks for a nice meal etc and he didn't get back to me for several hours by which time I had assumed he was probably blanking me. He said his phone had been on silent but he had had a nice time, was good to meet etc and he hoped that we could do it again soon.

Having only spent a couple of hours with him and him being a genuinely nice guy I would like to meet him again and see what happens. So do I just go ahead and ask him what he's doing this week and arrange to meet up or should I wait for him to ask me? I don't want to seem over keen so not sure what to do really and even though he text me back he may not be that keen on me!?!

Please help as I will probably hold off on any contact until I have a better idea of what I should do.

Thanks

Archived