Clueless.

Dougie_D

I really feel clueless. I really don't know what to do with my life. I don't like the situation I am in and I don't know how to fix it...but even with that I think I'm going to feel clueless again. People around me make me feel so stupid. I hate it when people say "dude, we learned that in 6th grade"...well I'm sorry for my poor memory jerk!!!

Doug,

Perhaps you should consider seeking a counselor, someone who can at least help clarify the reasons behind your self-critical habits. You should not feel ashamed for seeking help. We can easily lose ourselves when we are think we can take on everything without the support and guidance of someone else. It does not matter what age you are, everyone has a different perspective to offer that can maybe shed some light on the difficulties that you are currently dealing with.

I think part of the reason why you feel clueless is because you haven't opened yourself up to explore and take in the different aesthetics of this world. I used to be the same way, always stuck in thinking that there was nothing outside of my little box (i.e. It's this or nothing!). The more I explored, though, the more I began to develop a sense of orientation. If all we do is keep our door shut and not take a risk and see what we aren't doing, then we'll never know what we are missing out on.

Hope that helps.

Be well.

Archived