called to make a date... didnt go well.

moto_rider

hi, well... we met in ballroom dancing classes and we partnered a few times. had a good time dancing. got her number and waited a few days. called her up to arrange a date and it went like this:

me: how's wednesday for salsa

her: oh i have baseball.

me: alright tueday is jazz night.

her: oh i have soccer. i can do thursday.

me: awesome i know just the place.

her: hmmm.. maybe not this thursday but the next.

after some chit chating. she said she's entering subway train soon but lets touch base in a few days. I said fine you got my number. bye.

well... i guess she's not really interested. oh well... her loss i guess.

im wondering if i should call her again in a few days. but from the convo i had with her it doesnt seem positive at all.

any input is greatly appreciated. thnx

Also you made yourself sound too eager and available by doing the 'Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday ' routine,do things with other people too.

yeah i guess it would appear this way. but the truth is the date is only gonne be like 1 hr or 2 so i can actually squeeze it in every night except wednesday which is a little tight cuz i have a late swing class.

what would u suggest i say when i call her again? thnx

Do you still have dancing classes with her? If you do, then I'd wait until you see her in class and see how she reacts towards you. I'd let her bring up the topic, that way you won't seem desperate. If she doesn't, then she's flake and that's her loss.

If you don't have dancing classes with her, call her once and see if she brings up the topic. You have to have self-esteem, because that's attractive. So I wouldn't chase after her unless she shows some signs that she likes you (although this is too early to tell at this stage). If she's a flake - then you know she wasn't good enough for you.

Good luck bro!

Also you made yourself sound too eager and available by doing the 'Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday ' routine,do things with other people too.

Agreed. If a woman doesn't suggest another day, you generally don't do it for her. You might make one more suggestion, but after that, you leave it be. And that other suggestion shouldn't be the day before or after unless it's a weekend. She's probably not interested at that point if she still doesn't make another suggestion. I actually kinda wonder if she threw Thursday in there just because that was your next logical choice, and maybe she did that to test you and see if you had a life.

Do you still have dancing classes with her? If you do, then I'd wait until you see her in class and see how she reacts towards you. I'd let her bring up the topic, that way you won't seem desperate. If she doesn't, then she's flake and that's her loss.

If you don't have dancing classes with her, call her once and see if she brings up the topic. You have to have self-esteem, because that's attractive. So I wouldn't chase after her unless she shows some signs that she likes you (although this is too early to tell at this stage). If she's a flake - then you know she wasn't good enough for you.

Good luck bro!

thnx yeah we wont have the same class again. just came out of a 3 yr relationship so im a little fresh at this dating game lol.

Agreed. If a woman doesn't suggest another day, you generally don't do it for her. You might make one more suggestion, but after that, you leave it be. She's probably not interested at that point if she still doesn't make another suggestion. I actually kinda wonder if she threw Thursday in there just because that was your next logical choice, and maybe she did that to test you and see if you had a life.

man so this is what the dating game is like? test this and that. frankly most of it is based on speculation. i mean seriously, if i happen to have 2 hrs free on 4 of 5 weekdays for dates in the evening does that indicated i dont have a life?? sounds a little shallow IMO.

man so this is what the dating game is like? test this and that. frankly most of it is based on speculation. i mean seriously, if i happen to have 2 hrs free every weekday for dates does that indicated i dont have a life?? sounds a little shallow IMO.

Assume everything a woman says to you in the first few dates is a test of some sort. Much of it is, even she doesn't realize she's doing it.

man so this is what the dating game is like? test this and that. frankly most of it is based on speculation. i mean seriously, if i happen to have 2 hrs free on 4 of 5 weekdays for dates in the evening does that indicated i dont have a life?? sounds a little shallow IMO.

Unfortunately that's the way it works....a girl usually likes someone who's not clingy...this word is very important...you can't appear to be fixated and desperate...they'll run like hell.

"...to see if you had a life"??? Now that's cheap. What kind of girl would do something like that. Certainly you wouldn't want to come off as needy and willing to give any day of the week just to see her. People have different lives, different obligations and responsibilities, so you have to be mature when it comes to dating.

Call her, if she doesn't give you any signs that means there's someone better for you out there.

thnx for the input guys. any recommendations on wut i should say when i call her or IF she calls me? even though i think chances are slim for her to call. dont mean to be pessimistic but im just trying to face reality and not get too excited over something im not even sure of yet.

thnx again

I think since she suggested another day, you should call her in a few days as she suggested.

It's hard to tell if she is interested or not. Sometimes women find an excuse for every night because they don't want to go out with you. However, it is possible she was just busy those days.

I would suggest calling her again and asking one more time. If she is busy that night, then forget it. Either way, you will probably know for sure when you call her again.

Definitely call one more time a few days from now. I got blown off by a girl whos number I got when she said she wanted to go out, said she had work that night and I told her not to worry about it. Basically, I thought she had no interest and was trying to let me down gently. Four days later I asked her since our plan didin't work if she wanted to go out the week after, figured why not ask, whats the worst that could happen?v and to my surprise I got a yes, I told her what day I was free and she said after she got outa work she wanted to get together.

Now, if im ganna get blown off again im not sure, but the point is even if you think you may have blown it, you might not have. Its not over until she tells you no or just doesn't respond to anything from you. Give it a shot, and good luck.

I'd leave it, and not contact her back. Anyway if she says ill do thursday... well actually not this thursday but the next, just say "look why are you playing games? either you want to get together, or not, if you dont then this probablly isnt going to work out" maybe talk latr.

Archived