Sex Vs. Emotions. The ultimate battle

TFulton88

So, I have a question, and I hope people dont think lower of me for this.

I'm currently seeing this guy, for about a month or two now, and we've kept things rated PG. Just the way I like it, nice and slow. Anyway, I like him. He's fun. Blah blah blah.

My question is, we have yet to do anything physical, and I was just wondering, how much i should put into that aspect of a relationship. I know sex isn't the most important part of a relationship, but it is still a part and... well yeah. You get me?

i'm a bit unclear as to what your question is. sex isn't everything in a relationship. but it is a pretty big part of it. anyway, if you are most comfortable with taking things slow, then that's what you should do. don't feel pressured to take things any further if you aren't there yet. things will progress at their own time. just do what you feel is right. trust your instincts, don't be afraid to go further...but only if you are comfortable with doing so.

Take it slowly!

Sex right off the bat starts the relationship in the wrong direction. You get physically and emotionally attached, then start to realize you may not be compatible in other areas.

Then someone, or both parties, get(s) hurt

Okay I would of thought low of you if you known him only a week or a few days.

I suggest about 6 months. You want to make sure it is something that will last, not being used as a 'sex toy', then there will be heartbreaks etc... Allow the relationship to grow and develop. In those 6 months really 'get to know' him.

Sex is important but not in the sense that it's a must or totally vital, otherwise the relationship just won't work - end of.

Okay I would of thought low of you if you known him only a week or a few days.

I suggest about 6 months. You want to make sure it is something that will last, not being used as a 'sex toy', then there will be heartbreaks etc... Allow the relationship to grow and develop. In those 6 months really 'get to know' him.

Sex is important but not in the sense that it's a must or totally vital, otherwise the relationship just won't work - end of.

I think this is a great post. You don't want to rush it. You want to get to know the person.

If the other person pushes to hard, I would take that as a RED FLAG.

You should be able to say no, and they should be okay with it, as long as you keep the lines of communication open.

~Allie

Archived