I broke up with my gf of over a year about 2 weeks ago. We were going to have to do the long distance thing for a very long time and neither of us wanted to. Well the first week I was a mess. Then we started talking and I felt better about it (she wants to stay friends, I do too). These past few days have been much better. Now I find out she's been emailing this person she used to have a relationship with (their e-mails were never innocent). They were never friends...the only reason they talk is to flirt. I'm beyond hurt right now. I really don't want to fight with her about it, so I just brushed it off. I felt like this the first week. I thought I had made a lot of progress and was about to get over it. Now I feel horrible. She was able to get over me that quickly...She said she'd talked to him a few times, so she must've been talking to him withing the first week we broke up.

Anybody know how I feel? I don't know what to do. I just found out a few minutes ago and feel horrible. Like I'm nothing. Two steps backwards in the healing process:sad: Any words of encouragement?

I'm sorry this has happened to you!

This guy that she flirts with: does he live closer to her? Maybe she just doesn't want to do the long-distance thing and it just doesn't matter who with. Or maybe they sort of had a thing already.

I know it sucks and that you want to stay friends, but it doesn't sound like you're ready to be friends at all. Maybe some part of you was hoping that you could be long-distance friends and then later she would come back to you.

I can tell that you really care about her. If I was in your position, I would say something along the lines of "I really care about you and I meant what I said about being friends, but I'm just not there yet. Give me some time to heal and get over you and when I'm ready to be your friend, I'll let you know."

Honestly I think you're in for a world of hurt with this "friendship" unless you've gotten over her.

Oop! I just re-read your post and sorry I assumed her "friend" was a guy. Oops! My bad. Obviously, it's time for bed.

He is a guy lol. He lives closer, but still a few hours away. He's also a really bad guy and she promised me she was over him.

You're probably right...being friends just might be too much for me right now. I just know losing her friendship will make me even more lonely right now...

Archived