When is it right to sue?

Mandoro

As some of you may know I have been the victim of a horrible roomate. Well the damages incurred because of him equal ~$500 (~$270 for electric and ~$250 for loss of deposit due to his completely ruining the walls and carpet). Ive thought about sueing him, but Ive never done it and I dont know if it is the right time to do so. I guess its kinda bout choosing your battles correctly and well this is a big battle to be choosing.

I think you would be wasting your time, personally. Don't know that much about the legal system, but it actually sounds like a very small amount of money to be suing for, given what you might incur in legal fees.

Have you asked him for your money back? I would start with smaller steps such as sending warnings, notarized letter, etc ... to see if that gets you anywhere.

I've tried contacting him but my phone calls are on ignore or his phone is off completely. I know he wont pay me back because he had 2 months to pay this bill. He seems to think responsibility is a joke or something because he does none of it.

Well after the call that on day all contact numbers have either been off or been ignoring my calls. I haven't been able to talk to anybody on his side. I would love to have talked to his parents, but now the chance is up. Only way I will be able to contact him will be to drive 4 hours to his house.

Archived