took the first active pill of the month 3 hours early

survival21

My gf just had her period and she started her new pack of birth control pills on sunday (April20.)

What happened is she normally takes her pill every day at 9 30 pm well she took the first active pill of the month 3 hours earlier than she was suppose to so she took it at 6 30 instead of 9 30.

So should she now take the pills at 6 30 for the rest of the month or can she go back to her normal time which is 9 30 on monday (april 21)?

Thanks

I've read that taking the pill even 10-15 min late can affect your body. That's why I switched to the nuva ring and not the pill.

If taking it at 9:30 was working for her, she should go back to taking it at 9:30. If it's better to take it at 6:30, then she should switch to that time. Just be consistent.

Use a condom this round of pills.

I've read that taking the pill even 10-15 min late can affect your body. That's why I switched to the nuva ring and not the pill.

If taking it at 9:30 was working for her, she should go back to taking it at 9:30. If it's better to take it at 6:30, then she should switch to that time. Just be consistent.

Use a condom this round of pills.

I've been on the pill for 14 years and have always taken it when I get up. Depending on my work schedule, some days that is 4:45 am and other days it's 8 am- 9am. On my day off it may be as late as 11 am ( I work late hours till after midnight many shifts). I've never had a problem.

I think your gf should be fine, and if she's used to taking it at 9:30 than tell her to keep taking it at that time. Whatever time she is more likely to remember is better, so if 6:30 is not her usual time it's better to keep on her previous schedule.

Archived