Clingy

MattLCFC

Right, my mate text this girl on my phone then a few days later she text my phone saying who is it? so I replied, one thing led to another started have a conversation, we chatted online and met up while we were both out one night, she seems ok, but she too clingy, I'll admit, I'm not a prolific dater, I've not got girls dropping at my feet, but we not even going out/dating/don't even know each other that well, yet (And if it carries on never will lol) and shes this clingy now what if we ever did, she text me 3 times last night one after another, i'm trying to be nice to her, i'm not neccesrilly a looks kinda person, they have to have a good personality too, but tbh theres not much of an attraction there for me, after the text's last night I feel I have to text back but have resisted, but now feeling like I should.

Theres another girl I really like but she just wants to be friends but hoping in time something might happen there but i've just backed of from her now, hoping in time we may meet up, e.t.c, but not really expecting much to happen with that one.

I've told my mate and he agree, and has warned me, I told him and he just said ignore her but i'm not like that, I like to be nice lol

I don't think someone is necessarily clingy just because they send 3 texts one night and want to hang out with you when they first meet you. Sometimes I will send an email to someone and then forget to mention something I wanted to say so then I send another. I don't think I'm a clingy person in a relationship. I think some people just do these things because they're spontaneous. I mean, why wait when you want to say something that you'd forgotten earlier? If you leave it till the other person replies you might have forgotten again. It depends what she said though. Obviously I don't know the girl.

Also sometimes you can really like someone in the beginning and want to hang out - like she did with you - yet when you're actually in the relationship you can chill and relax more, and not need to talk or see that person. As a lot of people say the thrill is in the chase - so maybe she is chasing you now but if you actually went out with her then she may not be half as clingy as she currently appears.

Archived