Successful unattractive guys - how do you do it?

afc_2_dj

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to repeat myself, but I am going to anyway-all the advice on here to this point has great merit...but, honestly, what I have found to be the biggest deal for me to get noticed is to get in shape-as an average looking guy, it is such a huge difference to have a good body...we can't change our looks (face wise), unless you have a willingness and money for a plastic surgeon, but we can change out looks just by being fit. I am no gym rat-I only go 2 or 3 times a week. But I eat well and am not hugely muscular, just fit-and when I started this about 6 months ago, my confidence has increased exponentially. It takes time and effort and maybe some lifestyle changes with your diet, but the rewards are so definitely worth it...

If that picture is any indication of your shape, I can assure you that I could work out 4-5 times a week for the next 10 years and I still wouldn't come close to that...

Taking care of your body is very important. Don't despair though. There is hope for those of you who aren't super top shape like our friend...

Well thanks...

But, like I said I don't live at the gym by any means-only work out 2 or 3 times a week.

And it's really just incremental steps, to go from where you are now, heading to where you would like to be-and each small step, each little difference you notice along the way will provide a confidence boost and motivation to continue...

It's not the only thing that helps, but it is a big thing.

You all have a Merry Christmas!

Well thanks...

But, like I said I don't live at the gym by any means-only work out 2 or 3 times a week.

And it's really just incremental steps, to go from where you are now, heading to where you would like to be-and each small step, each little difference you notice along the way will provide a confidence boost and motivation to continue...

It's not the only thing that helps, but it is a big thing.

You all have a Merry Christmas!

I was partly kidding but I know you're right. I'll try to make an effort in 2008...

Merry Christmas everyone!

You have to learn to be cocky and funny at the same time. I usually bust women's chops. One thing you have to remember is that you have to be different than all the other guys.

Think about it. If you were an attractive woman how many guys would approach you with the same line day in and day out? i.e. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, You're gorgeous, I just wanted to say how attractive you really are, blah, blah, blaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

You don't think this is boring to them? If you go up to them and challenge them by being cocky and funny you have a better shot at them because you're DIFFERENT then all the other guys that have approached them complimenting them. Make fun of their shoes, what they're wearing, what they're doing, how they're doing it, etc...

Mind you, I'm 37 and my girlfriend of 2 years is 23 and I am NOT physically fit in any way. She tells me of guys constantly complimenting her and throwing themselves at her but she had no interest until she met me. I busted her chops like no tomorrow and she ate it up. She was worried the first time I was going to meet her that I would think she was ugly. I told her that I didn't care and that I had paper bags with smiley faces she could put over her head and she can hang off of the spare tire on the back of my truck. She couldn't stop laughing.

I acted like I didn't want a relationship and that I had no interest in her whatsoever. I never asked her out, I always invited her to join me in whatever I was doing and told her it would be fun. I told her quite a few times I was going shopping and that I needed another person's opinion on what I wanted to buy and she always took the bait.

Acting cocky and funny is somewhat like being a smart ass. Try and twist their words around to make it sound like they're saying something else. It keeps them on their toes.

If you're getting a punch in the arm and they're smiling about it then you're doing good. You could always respond by telling them that they're sexually assaulting you. LOL

Archived