BAD bruises and bleeding from Waxing

Hi everyone

I decided to wax my bikini line for the first time. I used NADS - which turned out to be a huge mistake because that stuff totally SUCKS!

Anyway - it didn't pull out all of the hairs - actually it probably only pulled out a few. I followed the instructions, and the hairs weren't too long, or anything.

Anyway - I only did one side because I didn't see the point in touching the other if it didn't work! About 5 minutes after 'waxing' the area, I noticed dark bruising, and blood coming to the surface of my skin. In one or two places where the hair had been pulled out, there was a tiny amount of blood coming out.

I just want to know...is this normal? I expected pain...but I really didn't expect bruising. Am I just super sensitive? Did I do something wrong? Has this happened to you? What can I do to prevent this from happening? What product should I use instead of 'NADS'?

I know...a lot of you are probably thinking I should go to a salon to get this done - but I live in a remote area and there aren't any here. Apart from that, I am shy and don't like strange people poking around down there. Yeah yeah, they do that sort of thing all the time - but still!!!

yeah shaving totally sucks...hair grows back after a day or two and the regrowth is coarse and can get a little itchy. So yeah - waxing is much better! Hair takes longer to grow back, and it doesn't grow back as coarse.

Anyway - I emailed the NADS lady. i'm not expecting to get a reply. I may call 'em. Guess I'll see how I feel after the weekend. *sigh*

All I have to do now is pray for rain so I don't have to go swimming over the weekend

That is what I was saying to her that it bleading is a bad thing and she need to call the number on the bottle and see what they say. And aftershave down there OUCH I think not that would hurt worse then when you put it on your face.

Hey just wanna tell u a little bit about waxing as i am myself a Beauty Therapist and no matter how many times i do work with my clients i still dnt like exposing my private parts to a therapist so kinda got used to doing a waxing myself...anyway...

waxing is made up of some suger, honey and some other sticky ingredients( depends where is that product from), different companies mix different stuff in it, the way of using it could be varies from heating it up till certain temperature, there are some hot wax which u have to heat up till 40* and some is a strip was which u have to heat up or it can be heated in a special container for like up to 32*

so what is actually important to do when u waxing is appliy a tiny little layer of a wax with a quite a firm movement which help for the wax to grab all the hair on a way and cover all serface which needs to be waxed it have to have a really tiny layer and also be applied quite firmly so the skin so it will grab all the hair and cover all the serface properly

they way of removing wax is also varies from using a strips or just wait till it get hadre and quickly removed it with a very fast movement

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW IS THAT WHEN U REMOVE THE WAX FROM THE SKIN U ARE NOT ONLY REMOVING THE HAIR OUT YOU ARE ALSO REMOVING A TINY LAYER OF THE EPIDERMIS( WHICH IS A TOP LAYER OF A SKIN) WHICH CAN CAUSE BLEEDING IN SOME PEOPLE AND IF THE WAX WAS REMOVED INCORRECTLY-BRUSING

also quite important is to prepare your skin prior waxing and clean the area and use after wax mosturiser to keep redness going away

there are lots of thing u need to know before u start waxing for the first time and cpecially at home

dnt forget that bikkini line is very delicate area and needs special care, as the skin thereis not quite smooth and if the wax wasnt applied properly can lead to brusing and lots of hair will be left

if u have any further questions u can alway pm me and i will help u with them

HOPE MY DAVISE WAS HELPFULL

THANKS

• 3 years later...

My beautician showed me how to use wax properly..

I used to have the same problem with my eyebrows and my bikini line, with not getting all the hair and very red and swelling and light bruising and bleeding. She came over to my home and showed me how with my at home product which is also Nads and it worked perfectly for her. Now with her advice I get it right every time. It really is everything Eleonora said, mainly the part about applying and very thin layer of wax to the skin.

• 3 weeks later...

Bleeding is normal, especially with sensitive skin. It means you're pulling the hair follicles that are located near a vein. Bruising on the other hand is not quite as normal, it means you're doing it improperly and possibly causing serious damage to the tissue. If you bruised you may want to get a professional wax (its not that much more expensive then a kit) and have them show you how to do it so that you don't cause yourself harm. I always get it done proffessionally and I bleed every time.

• 2 years later...

I waxed my bikini line for the first time this week. I'm not a huge shaver/waxer to begin with- don't care about leg hair too much. But I might wax/shave a couple times during the summer.

I use Sally Hansen wax strips. They work really well. I tried it on the bikini like I said. And it got about 90% of the hair off. And I was being cheap and only used one strip per side because it was more of a test. On one side there was a little bit of bleeding, but I immediately applied the liquid after wax oil they give you. Then shortly after that I put some neosporin on the area. It was fine the next day and was never sore, I just did the neosporin as a moisturizer/healing type precaution.

But I really recommend those strips, easy, fast, not messy! good luck

But bruising is odd!