Hi,

In one my college courses, I sit next to a girl who is about 5 or 6 years older than me. The thing is, she doesn't look like she's that much older. She's really nice and smart (just like me). The other day she did something rather unusual before the lecture started. I told her that I was feeling hyper that day. So she places her hand on my heart for what seemed like 10 seconds. I was wondering why she was keeping her hand there for that long. While I like her as a friend, I just don't have much romantic feelings for her because I realize that she's way older than me. I didn't think she had much feelings for me until that other day. It's kind of a weird situation. I'm not here to ask whether she really likes me or not, but here to ask why a girl who is so much older and didn't show any romantic feelings would all of the sudden do something like that? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this and she was just trying to be a friend.

Thanks.

Hate to tell you this, but I think she has the hots for you. You could be appalled, flattered, excited...lots of things. Sounds like you're uncomfortable, but I'm not sure why.

I remember having a crush on a young-looking law student when I was an 18 year-old freshman. She thought I was "cute" but seemed to look at me like a little brother. I was a little bummed about that, actually.

I just get the impression all the time that she doesn't have those feelings for me. And then the other day that happened.

The reason I'm uncomfortable is that she's 6 years older than me.

I don't want to date someone who is that much older me; but then another side of me says why not? As I stated before, I like her as a friend a lot, but don't really have much romantic feelings for her. And I'm being honest about this. I'm just wondering if I'm experiencing a girl who is thinking completely different thoughts inside or what (in other words, are a lot of women like that)?

Well, she seems to have learned how to mask and control her feelings in her "old age," but she has developed some feelings for you in my opinion. I also understand your attitude towards dating a girl 6 years older. I dated some older girls when I was in my 20s, and typically it was not easy because they were very clingy and had complex emotional needs that I could not fathom, let alone fulfill. So, it's cool if you don't want to be bf/gf. I was only suggesting that as a guy, you might have a more devil-may-care attitude about it if she's cute and you like her. You don't have to marry her...you're in college. But from the sound of it, you're probably better off notdating her at all because you're uncomfortable and you're gonna find yourself dealing with some complex female feelings if you venture into any kind of relationship. If she just wants a little fun, well you can be the judge on that one...

Goofy stole my exact thought on this one... That is way too funny dude. Relax sounds like she was checking out how fast your heart was going. So what if she is older than you every guy should have an older more experienced woman around to teach us a thing or two in the sack at least once in our lives.