not in love, in love

Been there- I know what its like. However, sometimes we have to ask ourselves what love is. You can love a close friend. When you lose that friend it can hurt, but I think I know what you mean. Well we all no thesaying "you don't no what you've got till it's gone" and thats a reality often. The only thing to do is to either forget this person, or approach them about how you feel. But in answer to your specific question- yes that is a common problem I hear about all the time.

You're feeling EXACTLY what I'm feeling. I'm sad that our friendship is gone. I wanted our relationship to be over but feared losing the friendship. When he broke up with me, he said he still wanted us to talk every day and still be best friends. We were going out for 5 years and lived together for 3.

He hasn't treated me as a friend. He's avoided me because his ego makes him think that I'm trying to get him back. I don't want him back as a bf. I know I don't want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know I never want to marry him. I know I never want to have children with him. I've known all this for about a year now. But it hurts so much to know that I can't depend on him as a friend. My favorite fish died today and I had him for 4 years. I was so sad. I tried to call my ex-bf but he never bothered to return my call or anything. In fact, he's been emotionally cruel in this way because he keeps leading me to believe that we're still good friends when we need to do something together (like move all our stuff out of our old place and closing out the lease) but he otherwise avoids me. He didn't give me a dime of rent for the two months where he practically kicked me out of the place and the landlord continued cashing my post dated checks until the lease expired (it ended up costing about $1500). About 3 months before we broke up, he demanded I buy these pallet racks for our place (we lived in an industrial unit with 14 fishtanks) for $500 but now refuses to liquidate them so I can recover some of the lost cash. The more I think about, the more I think he's not my real friend. That's what really hurts.

I have lost every single one of my friends except 2. I have lost him. I'm in the darkest moment I've ever been in my whole life and so completely alone. I spent 2 hours crying tonight because I lost him as a friend.