A little concerned...

bakerrac

So, I was on the BC pill for about a year and a half and then I decided to stop in the beginning of June because I didn't like the way I felt on all those extra hormones. The problem is, I haven't had my period since late July. My boyfriend and I use a condom everytime and I've taken a couple pregnancy tests just to be sure. The last one was a couple weeks ago. I've heard the pill can mess up your cycle, and I was irregular before the pill, but this seems a little ridiculous. So, I'm getting a little concerned. I know I should see a doctor, but what can the doctor do for me, really? Give me more hormones?

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

Thanks!

When coming of the pill it can screw your cycle for a while, and it can take anything from a month to a year for it to naturalize itself without the hormones. I would recommend talking to your doctor about it, for more of an insight. I'm no expert. He would probably give you more hormones but only temporily to regurlize your period, or he will tell you to just to just wait for it too come.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help

Hi bakerrac,

The same thing happened to me when I got off BC after being on it for about a year. It totally screwed up my cycle! The weird thing was the first two cycles were normal but after that it got way off track. I think there was one time where I didn't get it until two months later, and I was always on time before I went on BC. It has been over a year since I got off BC and my cycle is still off schedule . . . it now comes whenever it wants! I'm wondering when I will ever be back on schedule again . . .

Archived