Clinically Depressed

Hi There !

I've had professional help before, and my family were very supportive.

Firstly, is the reason you want help something yo ucan discuss with your family? If not, then your main concern would be finance. Can you fund the help yourself? If so, great. If not, then you will have to get money from somewhere for this - and I hope you can trust your family, as they would probably be most supportive.

You don't have to get into details with your family, you can simply explain that you really would like to check out some personal problems to do with "X". X of course, would be a very vague description of the problems.

A supportive family would have no problem with helping you at this time.

Hope this helps you some,

If you think you need help then there is nothing to be ashamed of. You realize there is a problem that needs to be addressed. If you family can't understand that there is a problem then they need help also. I agree with Charmed and give a vague discription of the problem and that should be good enough. If there is someone that you trust totally in the family then I would talk to them. I had a severe case of depression myself and I can say that I tried the normal route by seeing a doctor and trying the prescrition anti-depressants. I did not like the way they made me feel as well as the sexual side effects. I went another route by taking St. John's Wort and that is working very good for me. I would go see someone first before you try the herbal stuff first. Go see you primary care doctor and tell him/her what the problem is. I would say go talk to someone but, that could take years before you feel better. The choices are up to you on how to deal with this. The first step has been taken by you because you realize there is something not right.

I hope this helps and good luck with the next step.

Remember that the first step is the hardest..

If you need more information about what I went through then feel free to PM me.

-Hubman