Female best friend jealous and overprotective?

Chan209

About a month and a half ago or so I posted on another board here on enotalone about having feelings for my lifelong best friend. To cut it short, we're both 26 and see each other 4 or 5 days a week....

Anyways, the last couple of months anytime a woman's name pops up anywhere around me, she puts up the offenses and goes to town.

For example:

-- 2 weekends ago I was about setup for a blind date through another friend. I mentioned it to her and without even asking about the girl she told me "no, don't do it" and "you better not go on it".

-- On campus, even if I point out another girl she finds some excuse as to why this girl isn't right for me. (She's always doing this).

Any idea why she's putting up her offenses like this around me when it comes to other girls?? I have a couple of ideas, but just wanted to see what others thought.

she might be afraid that if you get a gf, the gf will replace her being your best friend & you will never hang out with her anymore, you will always be with your gf. she might be afraid that your gf might not like her, or want you hanging out with your best friend. she also might just want the best for you & not want you to get hurt. there is so many reasons why she might act like this. maybe she even has feelings for you. i think you should talk to her about it. let her know that no one will replace your friendship & that she will always be your best friend no matter what.

About the same thing happened to me but I did not like my friend, she would allwas put me down and things like that. Then I found out that she liked me (and to tell you the truth that scared me veary bad I did not talk to her for about 3 months and she moved away. Now I feel like a dum***) so it is hard to tell what she is doing you should ask her what she feels.