Losing old friends at university...

finittz

I got to university 3 weeks ago and at first some of my high school friends always wanted to hang out with me. In particular one of my close girl friends because she was homesick. It was cool hanging out with her so much. But now shes made some new friends and since I don't live as close as her other new friends she has started hanging out with me less. Even on like msn and stuff she doesn't even message that often. I think I also got attached to her (not liking her) but like just someone to always hang out with. And now that I don't see her as often I miss hanging out. In 3 months I will be leaving for a co-op term and then rotating in a way that I probably won't be with her on campus for another 8 months, so like a year.

I don't really know what to do. I'm feeling really sad and lonely now, even though I have some other new friends, I dunno its just not the same as her and another close girl friend I had. I just feel so lost out here now. I didn't realize how homesick (in terms of friends) i was feeling because I was always with her.

Now I'm always wondering who shes hanging out with or where she is etc. Like I really want to so doing this. I just want to be able to go through a day without thinking about her or my other close friend and just like focus on my life and whats happening with me etc.

One last thing. I think it may have to do with the fact that the new friends I've made here are mainly guys, and these friends were girls so theres some difference in hanging out with them.

Please help me, any suggestions and/or comments would be great. thanks

Archived