No Contact has worked wonders....

Hey all,

Just wanted to stop in as I havent been around in a while. I am in about 2 months nc. I did speak to the ex once just to apologize for being so harsh after she had toyed me around for a long time. I did not want bad feelings hanging over my head. Since then I have not spoke to her and my life is finally getting back on track. My motivation and confidence are doubling by the day. I do think about her maybe once a day if that but when I do it isnt half as painful as it was before. This site has been great and I would love to give back the help I got from you all. Thanks and heres to no contact haha.

thanks for inspiring me! i haven't talked to my ex in 3.5 weeks (since the day we broke up). the urge to talk to him comes and goes, but so far i haven't given in. it's a day to day thing, but i can feel my confidence creeping back in a bit..

adore

That's wonderful! I don't know how long I've been with NC for because I hate to count, but it does get really hard every once and awhile. I hope that things will get better, it's just hard to keep filling the hole inside of me that feels empty. But things will be better. If you can do it, then I can do it!

I long for the day when I can say those words, I'm not bothered anymore.

Well done to you.

All I can say is, my way was too

Get down the gym and exercise

Make some plans with friends etc & keep busy

Read a book about getting over a break up "men are from mars and women are from venus Starting over" is good read.

Do things that make you laugh, go see a comedy film, find a stand up comedian DVD (Lee Evans works for me) or go out with a friend that will make you laugh

Do No Contact

Listen to music to lift your spirits

Cry if you need to but do not sit in and wallow in self pity night after night a few hours should be enough

MOST IMPORTANT - BE DETERMINED - I WAS TOTALLY DETERMINED HE WOULD NOT RUIN THE REST OF MY LIFE

All I can say is, my way was too

Get down the gym and exercise

Make some plans with friends etc & keep busy

Read a book about getting over a break up "men are from mars and women are from venus Starting over" is good read.

Do things that make you laugh, go see a comedy film, find a stand up comedian DVD (Lee Evans works for me) or go out with a friend that will make you laugh

Do No Contact

Listen to music to lift your spirits

Cry if you need to but do not sit in and wallow in self pity night after night a few hours should be enough

MOST IMPORTANT - BE DETERMINED - I WAS TOTALLY DETERMINED HE WOULD NOT RUIN THE REST OF MY LIFE

Great advice....this is exactly when I did after my ex dumped me. This is the best recipe for success in a break-up

You're a smart cookie

Hey everyone,

thanks for the encouraging words. I am finally feeling somewhat my old self again. I think it may be easier for me because my ex did some terrible things that made me lose a lot of respect for her, but that is her life and in the long run I hope she is happy. I really feel as if I barely know her anymore, but I really do not care. i am not a cocky person but I just tell myself she will never have another man treat her as well as I did. BUT anyways for now I am 24 and I am going to take what I can out of life and enjoy everyday because who knows what can happen. I also have spent a lot of time going to the gym and trying to get ahead in my career. I think we all have a great opportunity to see what we are made of eventhough that may be hard to see while you are going through it. Good luck everyone.

Hey everyone,

thanks for the encouraging words. I am finally feeling somewhat my old self again. I think it may be easier for me because my ex did some terrible things that made me lose a lot of respect for her, but that is her life and in the long run I hope she is happy. I really feel as if I barely know her anymore, but I really do not care. i am not a cocky person but I just tell myself she will never have another man treat her as well as I did. BUT anyways for now I am 24 and I am going to take what I can out of life and enjoy everyday because who knows what can happen. I also have spent a lot of time going to the gym and trying to get ahead in my career. I think we all have a great opportunity to see what we are made of eventhough that may be hard to see while you are going through it. Good luck everyone.[/quote

It sounds like you are really doing well. Just hope I can look back soon and say the same thing. Well done.

yeah thats the spirit!!!

anno you have to work from the inside out but cant knock working out on the outside too...totally recommend it...

and stay away fom booze fags and drugs... did that big time with a split and you just put on weight look like sh!t and solve nothing whats going on inside you..

Archived