Going crazy!!!

coyote99

I need some help here. I started dating a guy about 3 months ago. He really swept me off my feet and made me feel really good. He bought me things and really seemed into me. However, whenever I went out with friends he would freak out because he was scared I was going to run into my ex boyfriend. I reassured him that I wasn't going back to that guy but he still was worried. He told me he feels physical pain when I am not around and that he doesn't want to share me with anyone. He is soooooo good to me though and I am good to him too. I am just getting smothered by all this jealousy and mistrust. He has a bad past of girls who have cheated and the death of his mom. I think he is very co-dependent. I am very independent and love time to myself but also time with him. He resents me for this because he is only truly happy when we are together. I feel responsible for making him happy. Whenever I get dressed up to go out with friends he always makes a comment on my shirt or what I am wearing...even though it isn't bad. I don't want to hurt this guy but every time I try to talk to him about it he says that it is just because he loves me so much. What is going on?

I would start by talking it out, explain to him that you need time to yourself. If that doesn't work then it's time to dump him. If he can't understand that, then it will get MUCH worse later on. definitely try to make it work though, its obvious that he cares for you, he's just a little mistrustful of women.

if you don't mind the invasive presense and love to be controlled, he's your guy. if not, better stay clear while you still can.

sure, some girls cheated, but i don't think all girls cheated on him. he probably scared quite a few off.

just remember, you can't change the other person, so if you can change yourself to be what he wants, then you will do just fine.

ps. don't fall for the "i love you" crap. love doesn't force you to do things you don't want to do. if it's love, you will find ways to please him, and likewise for him. but if only one of you is succeeding in pleasing the other, something is wrong with the relationship.