My first attempt, thought i'd give haiku a try

comfyshoes

i think i have graped the basic concept of haiku. feel free to tell me if i'm miles off.

i have lots of things lolloing around in my head but can never seem to find the way to get them on paper, so i thought i'd give this a try!

bighorn mountains loom

storm rolls in on blackened sky

yet i am at peace

i think i have graped the basic concept of haiku. feel free to tell me if i'm miles off.

i have lots of things lolloing around in my head but can never seem to find the way to get them on paper, so i thought i'd give this a try!

bighorn mountains loom

storm rolls in on blackened sky

yet i am at peace

Well it seems to fit the Haiku template to me. Three lines, correct numbers of syllables per line.

And as a poem in itself I have to say that I like it! Good work there Miss Shoes, keep it up.

"Oh, I'm new at haiku, I thought I'd give it a try, mee mee mee, peep peep peep." Gimme a break with that! You're obviously an accomplished poet. How dare you pose as an mere amateur, you Scotch egghead!

All hating and plotting of your demise to eliminate the competition aside, though, I do like the piece very much. My own private interpretation of it is a very happy one.

high praise indeed! not what i expected, especially from two masters of the craft.

the memory for me is a happy one. one of spring days spent in wyoming. until things went wrong.

hey ho.

maybe i'll write some more now.

and, Blokey, despite what you may think that really is my first ever poem!