Anyone out there ever fallen back in love?

Cindersam

Hi, i just posted a topic before you if you want to read that aswell, but yeah, me and my g/f broke up late last year. it really hurt but i eventually got past it and started having a laugh and basically being myself again and told myself that she basically wasnt worth it anyway. i started seeing her as a friend recently, and it doesnt take long........the feelings came RIGHT back lol i honestly thought i never would feel that way about her again....i hid them from her though and if you read my topic, you'll see why it wasnt good for me to start feeling this way lol....

hope thats what you wanted to know? so whats your situation? do tell?

Fadedocean,

thanks for your reply. You asked about my situation. My ex broke up with me about the same time that your relationship ended. He only said that he no longer had thoses "in love" feelings for me. He said he hda other feelings just not the "in love" ones. He gave no other explanation and said there was no one else. He said he had struggled with his up and down feelings for a whle. We were together for 6 years. We never fought.

I know he was depressed for a while before it happened. He has a very stressful job and 3 kids and a very stresful ex-wife. At the time he told me that his moodiness and depression was due to these things. After he broke up with me I assumed his depression was due to his lack of feelings for me and what to do about it. I saw him about 6 months after the breakup. We had a nice conversation. I asked him if when we were together his depession was because of me and he said no. I think he was still depressed at that time because he made a statement that my life was going good and his wasn't.

I guess I am wondering if his depression caused him to lose feelings for me and maybe some day it might be possible for the feelings to return. Unfortunately, he is not able to take antidepressants because of his job.

I know i need to stop hoping but I haven't been able to do that yet.

I was just wondering if anyone had fallen back in ove after falling out of love.

faded - in your situation - who broke up with who and why ? (if you don't mind sharing)

she ended the relationship, but basically it was a good call, looking back i can see that we were starting to grate, i was being really paranoid about her not loving me anymore, we started to argue and things, but we still had strong feelings, apparently she said that she grew to love me as more of a Brother, and that really ripped me up.

She has also got a lot of issues from her past and suffers with Depression as well, so i do understand where you are coming from, also things that she has to deal with now as well from those issues, but I've always been really supportive, but now that she is kind of working through it more and getting herself together, i kind of get the feeling that, maybe we were together because she saw me as some kind of support and she doesn't need that anymore that she has her confidence to go and do what she wants.

but as you know in the other topic, I've been perfect for months and months, seeing her at first was almost like a "I've got one up on you, i feel so free" but now i kind of feel like i wish i would've waited longer before trying to become close friends. she can obviously do it.

Hoping can be a bad/good thing, it just depends on how far you want to take it, or how long you are willing to wait. the situation and the person always govern you.

If i were you i would honestly keep distant, talk to him etc, but don't do what i just did because if you still have feelings and its not changed for him then it might bring all the hurt back. i think i'm going to just ignore her, it did wonders for me the first time, and thats exactly what I'm going to do again.

do you still have strong feelings for him, or are they just coming back because you're talking? when was the last time you talked and how long had it been before that?

Archived