How to be normally fun to be with and carefree?

devast

So this is most of the time a major problem that I've encountered many times in my life...

being tongue tied...clumsy..carefree...too concerned for my actions and words when I date someone I really care about or really want to be my gf... like I am inlove with her already..

So I am now thinking about someone and hopefully, if given a chance to meet her, I would ask her for a date and look forward into a serious relationship...And if I am lucky enough, maybe marry her...

She's my Highschool school mate... she knows me... we were friends back then.. but then its been maybe 15 years that we haven't seen each other... due to distance and we walked in a different path in life...

Anyway... if I get infos of her whereabouts... How can I make friends with her back again without making myself look like a stalker... like someone who happened to just popped up and approach her... She's a dentist now... should I go for an appointment to get a cleaning or whatever for my teeth? What should I do to get into her circle of friends?

How can I act normal? I have feelings for her already... What can I say?

Sorry although it is still far from reality.. I just want to make myself prepared when the time comes...

I just hope I don't initially have feeling for her so everything will just be normal for me to get close to her....

Sounds like you need to work on your social skills first. Do anything in which you interact with other people, anything. Get yourself loosened up first.

Like Sweet said, just do it!! Now how? The world is yours. Only you know her routine, ect. Do it the way you think she would be more receptable. Some profesionals dont bring their personal life into their work?? So you might have to find a way to connect outside her profession.........tuff call.

You will regret not doing it more than if you get rejected.

Are you prepared for the possibility that she is already involved with someone.

you wont regret rejection cz it isent all that its cracked up too be, albeit ive never been rejected in terms of talking too a woman, but ive been rejected from other things bigger than that and its not what you think it is......

its bark is louder than its bite

Not in my case, when I asked her she full out said I dont even want to see you again. Took a frikin year to get over it and the thought still persists.

Sounds like you need to work on your social skills first. Do anything in which you interact with other people, anything. Get yourself loosened up first.

Like Sweet said, just do it!! Now how? The world is yours. Only you know her routine, ect. Do it the way you think she would be more receptable. Some profesionals dont bring their personal life into their work?? So you might have to find a way to connect outside her profession.........tuff call.

You will regret not doing it more than if you get rejected.

Are you prepared for the possibility that she is already involved with someone.

Yeah... I am thinking about it too...not bringing up her profession as well if ever I get the chance to date her...

what sorts of topic am i going to open up without going into her profession? well we missed 15 years in each others lives, so thats a lot to talk to about...

Here is another thing possible problem....as far as I can remember, she is a very shy type of woman...and very conservative....she doesn't initiate a conversation... she's not talkative... she would normally respond only to what someone would ask...she will not ellaborate or add something to her response...

I looked at her friendster photos... the way she smiles and her poses in her pics, I am pretty sure she's still the same silent and conservative woman I knew from highschool.

Sarge, I have actually thought about it too... what if she is already in a relationship? I am not sure... her friendster profile says "it's complicated"... her photos from one of my friend's friendster profile shows she was not with someone, while most of her friends in the photo have their bfs with them... Anyway, if she already have a boyfriend and she says its complicated... I will still give it a try... Like you said... I would rather get rejected than regret for not taking a step closer..

To the other's reply especially to sweet butta... thanks for that honesty... I know I just need a thick skin and spill everything without care of messing up... I know it is the best way to do it... showing confidence and not looking like I am craving for her like I am going to eat her...LOL..

I hope doing it is just as easy as saying it...

Any tips of what sorts of topic that would interest a woman who is a shy professional that would make her come out of her shell?

Devast

You are thinking into this way to much. Your letting your mind create all kinds of thoughts about this and that. Chill out a little.

You say she is a dentist. I doubt she is anything like she was when you knew her. I would say she has lost a lot of her shyness and quitness because of the profession she is in. Be prepared for a different person. I would say she will be a lot more social than you think.

What is Friendster? Its like Dentist and Frienster dont go together.

If you knew each other fairly well in high school calling her should not be a problem if you can obtain a personal number.

Call and introduce yourself ( its not like you are a complete stranger) and strike up a short a light conversation. The main goal would be to set up a lunch or coffee type meeting or date.

The thing with this is you might get voicemail. Leave a message and see if she calls back.

Or, if you wanted to go for the jugler, grab your ***** and walk into her office and ask the receptionist if you could talk to Maria and see what happens.

Sounds like a good idea... Yeah we know each other back then, but we were not like the friends who hang around with each others company... its just like a nod when we cross each other's way when we were in highschool...

I feel like if I call her on her cell phone out of the blue, it feels like I am a stranger to her... its been so long I am not sure if she'd even remember how I looked like before...

Yes coffee or lunch date sounds like not awkward for her... conservative and silent type....

should I ask her to go out alone or with friends? It seems like she maybe still the same silent woman and I will ran out of words... so if we go out with friends maybe at least I can analyse her body language, gestures and things that she is interested to engage into conversation... is this a good idea?

I just hope with all this thinking and preparation, I could get just a chance to go out with her... even if I later learn that she already have a boyfriend.. I just don't want to ask my friend about her because my interest in her will spread like a gossip in our city and if she learn about it prior... it will be awkward for me to ask her if she already knew my interest in her...

HUH! tough! hahaha... I haven't even meet her yet and I am already worried... I am counting my days here in the country I am working and looking forward to my "pursuit of happiness"...

Can someone give me a hint of how I can put my hand on a copy of this very famous "law of attraction" and "The Secret"? I've searched the net and it seems like in my country it haven't been released yet.

Archived