It's all my fault

I recently ended a friendship that was/still is really important to me. My friend who is not on speaking terms with me, is a very stubborn person which probably means that there is no hope of us being friends again. I am fully aware of this and although I feel terrible about it right now, I have accepted this fact and is prepared for whatever the outcome is.

Without getting into the details, I have to say that our fight is completely my fault and I do regret doing what I did. Although there is no possibility of getting back together, I still want to apologize to him about this incident.

My question is, should I apologize to him or should I just let this whole incident and our relationship fade away without an explanation.

Thanks for reading.

It's difficult for me to get a good visual on this, since all the juicy details were excluded. However, I'll tell you one thing, as I get older, it's always a good policy to apologize, especially when both parties are guilty. It's a good way of telling the other person that your intentions weren't bad, and neither was his/her. Always remember, people need people, and if you believe that he's a good person, don't let him go for your own personal pride.

We were just really good friends, he is currently attached too someone else, so I would say that romance has nothing to do with it. I think I should go and apologize to him and move on. I am confident that our friendship will not mend but I do want him to know that I am sorry.

Hi MusicVbox,

I did something similar to one of my friends.

Although I thought (and still think) I was justified, I felt sick for doing it.

The only thing that made me feel better was apologizing for the flaming e-mail I sent.

(Now, I apologized, but that person didn't apologize for the rotten things they said in the first place, figures.

Apologizing made me feel like the bigger person, and instantly removed that sick feeling I had for almost a year.

Now... I can write that person out of my life and feel okay about it.

Good luck

Jeff

You're right Jeff, I just apologized to him. His reaction was neutral so it's safe to say that our friendship had ended. In spite of this, I do feel a lot better and I think he feels the same as well.

Thank you to Kraegorn, Marc, and Jeff for the opinions.

You're right Jeff, I just apologized to him. His reaction was neutral so it's safe to say that our friendship had ended. In spite of this, I do feel a lot better and I think he feels the same as well.

Thank you to Kraegorn, Marc, and Jeff for the opinions.

Good to hear it.

I had known this person for about 6 years, so it wasn't easy.

But, I realized that this person was nothing more than a "me generation" poster child, (They are in their 40s.) and in the long run I am better off not wasting my time with them.

All's well that ends well.

Jeff

Archived