JoJo90814

Three years ago I dated a guy who made me feel like I could finally breathe a sigh of relief. That someone actually could love me- that there wasnt something wrong with me.

But unfortunately he had a girlfriend and wanted to work things out with her. (long story)

Now he is single and we met up. He looked at me the same as he used to, treated me the same as he used to but now that we arent hanging out I havent heard from him at all. Its been a few days, but that is out of his character from what I remember from the past. Im not an idiot and know this is not a good sign- and I feel devastated.

People always tell me keep going keep on going, and I have- but I am so damaged. Damaged to the point that when I talk to an attractive man I feel major anxiety and very insecure. When I hang out with a man I feel like he doesnt want to be there with me, that he is not attracted to me, that he doesnt care what I have to say- he's just waiting to have sex(which I dont do right away). Most of my relationships last two months tops- with the guy starting off strong and slowly fizzling away. I cant help but think something is wrong with me. When that same thing happens over and over for a period of six years.

How am I ever going to be happy on this earth when I truly feel like I am going to be single for the rest of it?

Archived