HELP-i can't find employment :(

I have been searching for jobs for the last 6 months but have had no luck atall, i apply for about 5-10 jobs per week and have had countless interviews, none of which have been sucessfull.

I started off applying for good jobs as i have good grades but am now so desperate i am applying for anything but still no luck

Please help, this is really getting me down

Educated to Gcse with 1 A, 6 B's, and 1 C....Studied A level's at college but dropped out.

I don't care what job i get for now, i just need to build up a good reference which will help me to climb the ladder and get a better job.

Trouble is, i have applied for all sorts of jobs from Trainee Stockbroker's to Warehouse assistants and no one wants to give me a chance

I am unxperienced as i have recently left college.

Although i do have experiance working as an administration clerk for an IFA. (Financial Advisors)

But i have been applying for trainee positions so this is not really relevant

First of all you need to go back to college and finish the degree.

Although it may be cumbersome to put time and effort in four years but it is worth it once you are done and have graduated which in turn opens doors for you .

Next you need to have a resume put together that shows what you have done in the past plus what you are up to now. If you need help go to your nearby college or university or seek help from a professional.

Now you told me that you want to apply for positions that are trainee's ?

Does that mean in the same field of your choice of interest or in what you previously did in the past as experience?

What do you really want to do ask yourself fully.

I need to know so that I can really help you here.

I think you have potential but you are not pushing yourself

Try asking for work experience. Worked for me. Gets you that foot on the ladder.

You may also have to get further training, depending on which area you want to work in. But you will probably figure that out once you have some experience of work, what you do and don't like and where you want to go in life.

There are lots of careers books out there. Borrow 'What color is your parachute' from the library.

• 4 weeks later...

Go to an employment agency, they'll find you a job. Make sure you are very well groomed : short hair, not goatee, clean looking, no jeans. If you have an executive look they will hire you right away. Take any assignment they give you. If you do well, work hard without complaining about hours, salary, they'll keep sending you to new assignments and someone will probably offer you a permanent job.

Does your university have a career center? My university has a career website where students can search for jobs/internships in their field. For example, I'm in Computer Science so all I have to do is log-in to their career website and search under ITCS and many job/internship possibilities are pulled up. If you have a list like that at your college then just go through each employer and call them. Let them know that you are a student at and currently looking for a job/internship. Then hopefully you'll find the right job from there. I have an interview tomorrow and the internship was listed on my university's web site. So good luck. 8)