Ask For Advice

Thread: I mistrust her cause she won't tell me whats bothering her

philanx

I mistrust her cause she won't tell me whats bothering her

I have this ex gf who I've known as a friend for a couple of years and we went out for a short period. She broke off our relationship after a month and never told me why. She didn't break it off officially but withdrew from me over a month and would talk to me for a couple of weeks. I contacted her a few times to ask her why she was withdrawn and if there was something I had done. She told me everything was okay and I was being the perfect partner but she was just busy and didnt have the energy to talk.

After about 3 weeks of silence, she called me out of the blue and told me she was seeing someone else and was sorry but it had just happened out of the blue and she hadn't planned it.

I asked her what I had done and why she had dropped me out of her life. She told me I had done nothing wrong, she hadn't meant for it to work out like this and that I should never question the past because things work out the way they are supposed to.

I moved on and a few weeks ago, she started contacting me again. I am friendly but I don't make any offers to meet up or anything. She is getting more persistent and frequent with her calls.

My problem is that I trusted her the first time and was very open about my emotions, dreams etc, while she wasn't. Now, she is trying to get me to do it all over again but I keep my mouth shut because I have no idea what she is thinking.

Should I be blunt and ask why things went wrong the last time? I have a feeling she wont want to talk about any of it and that is confusing for me cause I never know what she is thinking until she makes some sort of change in behavior.

I've never encountered this type of behavior and don't know what to make of it.

Anyone got any advice?

geekgirl4
    Honestly, I wouldn't keep such a dishonest person in my life. Her words and her actions don't line up at all, so I don't think there's much point in stressing yourself out wondering what her intentions are. Even if you ask, I have a strong strong feeling she won't be honest, just like when you two separated. Even if you ask she'll probably lie about it anyways. Perhaps things aren't working out with her new guy so she's falling back on you (her back up). Don't try to understand her behavior, you have better things to do, like move on.

3. 05-06-2011, 08:22 PM

iBroken
    Perhaps I missed it in your post, but nothing implies she is interested in having a relationship with you?

If this is the case, what are you worried about?

HeartGoesOn
    It looks like honesty is not one of her strongest points.

Unless you're unconcerned about being tossed aside again without any explanation, I would wash my hands of her.

sidehop
    Ya...either she is constantly afraid of committing; or possibly have abandonment issue where they'll simply throw away good relationships and people due to bad experiences from the past.

In either case make it clear to her if she can't be honest even as friends then it's probably best you two stay separate.

philanx
    Thanks for all of your advice.

The reason I'm thinking about this is because she is exhibiting the same behavior and asking the same questions she did the first time we got together. I went the NC route, not to get her back, but to help myself sort out what had happened.

She started contacting me again and making a bunch of offers to be there for me when I need it and generally pushing for us to hang out again like we did the last time. One thing she didn't do was apologize and she doesn't bring up anything that happened the last time.

This time around, I have been declining to hang out and changing the subject when she tries to get me to share my feelings or to speak about myself. This is making her try harder and that's why I was wondering if this was the time to bring up the past and let her know my misgivings.

Just as many have posted, I didn't do that because I wasn't sure she would even give me a straight answer. I also thought she might use any information I shared to reshape her approach in a weird strategic way.

geekgirl4
    Sounds like she wants what she can't have. Continue no contact and declining her invitations. If she dropped you so easily without any notification before, what makes you think she has no qualms of doing it again? Let her know you're not someone to be dropped and that you're into people who are honest. And leave it at that. She has issues and its not your place to help her with them when you've already been used by her before. Be careful you don't get caught up in trying to help her and spiral into another bad situation with her...again.

Top Threads
My boyfriend talks to his ex and did cocaine, looking for advice
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry itís so long. Thereís a TL;DR at the bottom if you need it. Iíve been with my boyfriend for a little
My boyfriend suggested breaking up
Hi everyone. So I have finally had a discussion with my boyfriend about how it bothers me that he hangs out with other girls one-on-one a lot. So it
He Wanted a Break...Now He's Upset?
It's a terribly long story but basically, my live-in boyfriend of 4 years decided that after a long period of periodic bickering, he needed a "break"
Is it just me or is he obsessed with his best friend?
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum after my friend told me about it and I was looking to get some feedback on a situation. My boyfriend
Caught boyfriend looking at gay personals, gay snapchat
Hi everyone - I could really use some advice, as this isn't something I really want to talk to close friends about. I have been dating a guy for
He says it is not cheating but it feels like it
My live in boyfriend of 3 years has been visiting sex web cam sights. When I found out about it he tried to lie but eventually admitted to doing it
SO Has slept with all his friends :/
Just looking for some advice.... I have been having some conflicts with my serious boyfriend of about a year who I live with. He is extremely
Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice