Relationship problems...turned around?

zachiphus

I've been dating my girlfriend for 5 months now, last week I was unstable/insecure, whatever word you want to use. I was upset because she would sometimes mention what she did with ex's not to intentionally make me mad and i don't think she realized what she said. Not to mention, she was immature at times, rude to her mom, didn't commit to things... etc...

But in the beginning of our relationship,(first date) she stated that we shouldn't mention ex's or anything like that, and I excitedly agreed. I've done incredible and not even mentioned an ex's name or said "my ex" at any point in the relationship. She has not done so well, she doesn't talk about them too often and when she does it's usually nothing good, but one time i gave her a hickie, and she felt inclined to tell me that "O ya, I remember when I showed up to soccer practice with a hickie and all the girls were like, oooohhh.... she has a hickie!" The thing about this is that i wasnt as sexually active as she was, but she knew I could be jealous, I'll admit I am, and she still said this. And I told her "You know, I didn't need to know that." then she got upset, and wouldn't look at me. She is now on birth control (I pull out before I cum) And I asked her if it was okay if I came on top of her, and she said "Yeah, I've done it before." I again get upset and tell her as kindly as I can why it bothered me and she did her usual roll on her side and cry routine... Not to mention that for whatever reason she would sometimes talk to an ex that cheated on her, or another one that was a jerk. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it was just a relationship that just didn't work out, but seriously.... would any of you talk to these guys after they do some of these things?

I went over to her house last monday with every intention of breaking up with her, and I told her it wasn't going to work between us. When I said that, her world shattered.... So we talked for awhile and worked some things out and she said she will change these things about her and start showing some more ambition, growing up, etc.... Part of it was me too, this is my first very serious relationship and I mighta had cold feet, been afraid to commit, etc... We even agreed to start going to church together, and we did last weekend. Things are atarting to fall into place again and she even admitted she hadn't been with as many guys as I thought (I thought she had been with a few guys, but they weren't even full sex... and that's what I thought she originally meant).

So things are looking up again for us, and since my family isn't around and my last christmas was in basic training, she said she was going to make this the perfect christmas for me... its so thoughtful of her. Her birthday is 2 days before that and I plan on making it great for her... full of surprises and wrapping it up with dinner and some cuddling, lol.

Felt like sharing happy/recovering relationship story with u all

Archived