I have a case of Girlfriend's Jealousy

TheseXBrokenXWings

Here's how the story starts. I have my best female friend, and my boyfriend. My boyfriend was at first our friend since Fall '06 but he and I harboured feelings for each other since then, and it's...basically self-explanatory from there.

We have a great relationship now; loyal, faithful, honest, it just can't get any better. Well, except for one thing. You see, at first he had absolutely no respect for my best friend (just didn't like her) but their friendship has gotten much better over the course of the year.

I know that nothing bad will happen, but please keep in mind; I did have a boyfriend who started liking my best friend and viceversa, and they went out for a bit behind my back. Like I said, nothing will happen. They even told me themselves when I admitted to them that I get very jealous when I see them talking to one another and me being all invisible (actually with me that's not unusual.) or whenever they make plans for us to hang without me being present.

I suppose it's safe to say that it's my paranoia... I've even had a couple of dreams of them being together, the same thing all over again.

I just hate the feeling I get when I see them interacting like that. I know nothing will happen, but it won't go away. How do I control it?

Thank you~

Welcome to ENA

I guess this qualifies as baggage from your previous relationship, but as you say, there is no truth to it now. Your boyfriend is not your ex, and your female friend is not your ex female friend. You have all been friends for almost a year, and it's perfectly natural that your boyfriend will interact with her AS FRIENDS.

If you haven't already, maybe you should sit down with your boyfriend and tell him WHY you have these irrational feelings of jealousy. Not that you want him to change ... why should he? But just so he understands where you are coming from. And who knows ... maybe the two of them will try to keep your feelings more in mind in their interactions.

Zack.

Hello!

I really do not know how to tell you to get rid of these feelings other than to become more secure. The dreams are happening more than likely because you are thinking about it. If you trust them, and there is nothing to worry about, then just take it a day at a time and I am sure eventually these feelings will start to fade. Just remember the new boyfriend is not your ex and this friend is not the same friend that did this to you. Good luck!

Archived