Tough One: What kind of gift?

Hello Everyone..

I’ve been a regular visitor of this forum for quite a while now, but this is my first post.

Me and my fiancé have been on an LDR for almost three years now. We were together for six months when we first met, but we decided it was worth the risk to go on the long distance thing when he got a temporary job transfer. The whole experience was challenging; it’s been very difficult, especially the last year. However, things are going fine and we only have one more year to go.

My dilemma is regarding his birthday, it’s exactly in one month. Now he has always given me great gifts for my birthday. In fact, we usually send each other a box full of different kinds of gifts, given that we rarely get a chance to see one another. Ok so my last birthday he didn’t bring me anything because he was having financial problems, he’s been paying off this loan he has for the last couple of months. Now he didn’t tell me the reason, but I kinda figured it out. What he did on my birthday, was give me a call at 12 PM that night wishing me a happy birthday. He sent me an e-card and we kept talking late that night for a long time. This in itself made me feel special and loved; a thing like that makes me love him more each day. Now I’m sure he didn’t get me an ordinary gift because he has these certain standards about everything including gift giving. The problem is what do I do now? I don’t want to do the usual thing of an expensive gift and make him feel bad or embarrassed about the whole thing. I also don’t want to do the “it’s the thought that counts thing” because I don’t want him to get the message that I didn’t appreciate what he did. What I thought of doing is the usual thing. I know I might be too analytic and probably what I’m saying is making me sound as a materialistic person, but seriously, what would you do?

I love him so much and I don't want him to feel silly, especially on his birthday..

Thanks in advance..

Ophelia

depends can u travel out there, seeing my girl is enough of a present for me, its better than anything u can wrap up thats all i need. but im single at the moment, but i would look into travel expenses, or try and come up with a powerpoint presentation with him in it and sayin how much you love him....or send him some jello and pigfeet...now i would love that, but send him a box of your pictures, some choclate, honeybuns, and cereal and a letter letting him kno how much u love him and u want to spend the rest of your life with him

Archived