He has ripped my heart out.

My ex went through the let's be friends and even told me he loved and missed me. When I confronted him about him saying it, he got so angry with me and basically said it's not the same love as you. I admit I was wrong by begging with him because now we don't even speak to each other. We work together but we haven't seen or spoken in a month due to him being away at training. I feel so sad some days and some I feel ok. He was away on my birthday and didn't even want to acknowledge it before he left.

He called me annoying because I talked too much about us but I'm in love with him. He has been hurt in his past but from what we had together he said I was his person. Now he says he thought I was.

Heartbreak isn't easy and all I want is this agony of sadness to go away. I feel used and unlovable now.

I am trying but apart of me feels sorry for him because of his horrible past. Tomorrow will be the first day I have to see him since he left and I'm just sick to my stomach worrying about it. I don't know what to do because I feel so hurt. Apart of me still loves him but I'm slowly moving forward but constant reminders makes me feel like I'm taking steps back

You breeze into the office looking like a million bucks, head held high, shoulder's back, a curt nod in his direction. Do that even if you're dying inside. View him as another coworker, preferably one you have to be very professional with and then focus on your work. If he comes over to you tell him if it's not related to work it needs to be saved for another time. Then focus on your job.

And I'm sorry about all this. I know you've just had a very harsh lesson in why office romances suck, but it isn't that you're unlovable or anything else. And the guy's horrible past has nothing to do with why he broke up or anything else. I dated a coworker who had an amazing background, loving family, just all around golden boy. And he did the same thing and was really quite vicious to me afterwards. So nope, don't let him get a pass because of his past. It's how they act and behave in the here and now that counts.

And he felt guilty is why he said those rotten things to you, so now you know--when he's made to face bad behavior his mode is to go attack the other person instead of admitting he screwed up and hurt you. As hard as it is you need to understand he's shown you what and who he is and you need to now put him back squarely in to coworker only status. And yes, that gets easier.

You can go cry afterwards at home, but at work hold your head up and be proud. Act like you're done with the whole mess and soon enough you really will be. And yes, this is awful. I've been there, but you do survive and quite well the sooner you do it.

Archived