Feeling lonely. Nobody to hang out with.

Dealbreaker

I am finally at a place where after a long struggle trying to get my education, I will finally be free this Summer to go anywhere I want. Unfortunately, throughout the struggle, I had to cut off contact with my family because of emotional abuse and broke up with my boyfriend of many years. Since I don't have any friends in the area I live and really do not have interest in staying here anymore, I would like to move and start brand new at another place.

I have been feeling really lonely though. These days I am just trying to finish the last bit of classes I need to finish to get my degree and move. I'll probably be all done in August. But because I don't have any personal contact with anybody anymore, the only person I still have kept in touch has been my LDR ex-boyfriend. What sucks about it is that we know we are not right for each other anymore, he keeps telling me the reason he won't sleep with anybody else is because he knows I'll be upset if he does, and that puts us in limbo. But I need his help and company, and he is willing to give it to me. I don't feel right about watching him dating other people, but I also do not want to prevent him from living his life, so it's hard.

I tried joining Meet Up for the 10th time and that didn't work for me. People from Meet Up want to make friends with other people from the same area, and I don't want to stay here anymore, so it defeats the purpose.

But I miss people. And I miss people's company and hanging out with my friends. All my friends are married and have kids. I'm the only one who is single and childless.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived