Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you break the touch barrier?

How do you break the touch barrier?

This girl I liked almost touched me on the hand but she sorta backed out of it last minute (It was obvious to see what she was doing). She's never been physical with a guy and I just wanna break the touch barrier very lightly cause some times she can get very close to me and I think she keeps trying to break the barrier but she can't so has anybody got any ideas that can help me?

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Put your arm around her?

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitive_Canine View Post
    Put your arm around her?
    I know this sound weried but I think that might be too much for her, one guy just tapped her on the knee and she got quite funny about it.

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by googoodollsroc View Post
    I know this sound weried but I think that might be too much for her, one guy just tapped her on the knee and she got quite funny about it.
    How old is she?

Also, maybe she likes you but didn't really like that one guy that tapped her on the knee. The same touch by different people will provide different reactions.

You could try just touching knees when sitting next to her. Or perhaps placing your hand next to hers and touch edges of your palm. Another one is to place your hand on her shoulder when pointing something out. All very innocent touches that could be accidents.

Age will have a lot to do with it.

Experience will have a lot to do with it.

Whether or not she likes you and WANTS to be touched by you will have almost everything to do with it.

Is she interested in you? Does she know you're interested in her?

Hugs are always a good way to ease into more touching. Next time you're together, and one of you is leaving, give her a hug and make sure to pull her really close.
    Grammar nerds are sexy [http://grammaniac.com]

Social touch --> Friendship touch --> the sky is the limit.

Social touch is like touching their hand while talking for example or tapping someone on the should to get their attention. Basically normal, safe places to touch someone in most social outtings. Pretty easy to understand.

Friendship touching is different, you wouldnt put your arm around someone you didnt know so that wouldnt be considered social touch. But a friend or someone you like, yes. Hands on the upper - lower back, also friendship touch, basically still having no real direct touching but understanding they are comfortable with you.

If you want to break the touch barrier, just dont be threatening, it isnt a big deal at all.... she gets touched by several different people a day in different ways, but are they stressing about it? Not at all. So what makes you different? Your intentions shouldnt make your interaction with her any different. Tease her or something, punch her in the arm, doesnt matter really.
    Come on in,
    I've gotta tell you what state I'm in,
    I've gotta tell you in my loudest tones,
    That I started looking for a warning sign.

When the truth is,
    I miss you.
    Yeah the truth is,
    That I miss you so

Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobot View Post
    Age will have a lot to do with it.

Experience will have a lot to do with it.

Whether or not she likes you and WANTS to be touched by you will have almost everything to do with it.

Is she interested in you? Does she know you're interested in her?

Hugs are always a good way to ease into more touching. Next time you're together, and one of you is leaving, give her a hug and make sure to pull her really close.
    She's 18. I guess she sorta is cause she can get pretty close to me and like I said she tried touching my hand and I don't wanna make too much of a move on her just incase I've beeen reading her sign wrong. But the hug idea is good cause I get hugged by alot of girls that are my friends so it isn't "heavy" at all.

Oh, she's never had a bf, I'm probably the closest thing she's had to a bf since she knows my feeling for her and we're just working on things cause we don't really know each other too well.

I would suggest taking her out to a club setting where there is dancing. Usually the touch barrier can be broken down there, you can lead her by holding her hand, etc.
    I've been searching for a heart of gold...
    - Neil Young

I'm not really the club typer person and neither is she so I don't think that will work, plus I'm still 17 lol. She looked happy to see me today so that was pretty kewl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...