Issues keeping LD relationship going..

Alright, 1st time on this board...

Little info- Im sorta "seeing" this guy jesse. I live in NE and he lives in WI. Anyways. Its been on and off for two years, we met about 2 months before I moved, if I wouldnt have moved- I know things would have totally worked. Fastforward, Now, He flew me up in the end of March, and Well, I ended up getting pregnant, we arent sure what were doing at this point with this. (another story..another time)

But from the time I moved, He isnt a huge phone person. So our convos are super hard! We dont have much time when we talk neither. Its always before he goes to bed, which is early because his day starts early. He does construction so its a hard job and he tired afterwards. Hes already said, hes not a totally emotional guy, so he doesnt talk about his emotions or how hes feeling. That makes it even harder being apart- because thats how you "bond" I feel. Maybe Im wrong, I sucked at this LD thing last time too...

SO I guess what iM asking. How do you improve our conversations and make them more lengthy? I have told him, I want time to talk, I want this stuff.. But it doesnt happen. Or when we talk, its short because were both so tired, or hes at work, ect... ](*,)

How do you keep a thing like this going?

Dont know if you can help here, but it would be greatly appreshated if you could help and put some two cents in here...

Thanks!

Jen

It is very hard keeping a long distance relationship going. I did it for about a year. Firstly be clear, that you guys are "exclusive" as it's lonely in a physical sense and you both have to be "coming at it" from the same premise.

Secondly, phoning is probably the best way... of keeping in contact. Even drop him a little romantic letter - it's nice to get something in the post. Maybe even a late night call with some sweet nothings and naughty somethings....etc.....can keep the fire alight...

I would definitely try to see him at least once a month - I know you mightn't be able to afford it...but you really have to do your utmost to see him..if you can...to ensure he knows what he is missing...

I guess to keep the bond going...ask him about himself.....men like to talk about themselves..and the more you keep him talking...the more bonded he will be to you.....be interested in his work and what he did that day....

I'm not an expert on this....but I was trying to give some practical help..

G fish

Archived