College has made me shy around cute girls

soooo... for anyone that is interested, i finally got a chance to talk to her again. i walked up from behind and asked how her weekend was. she said it was ok, then asked how mine was. i commented on the nice weather and then asked when she would be available to do lunch or something alone those lines. she said she was too busy this week and next week, but "maybe soon." I just said "ok, kool" and was about to ask for her number, but she said, "bye then" and walked off.

my friend and her friend overheard the convo (since they were behind us) and my friend said "hey, she didnt say no" and her friend said, "sounds like shes making excuses."

oh well, at least i tried again. no biggie, im transferring from this city to another city about 8 hours away in 3 months...

Sounds to me like you might wanna focus your attention on someone else... It's good to get experience points like that in, but she's definitely not jumping at the opportunity right now.

Shrug it off, she knows there's interest on your part- if she wants to, she'll come around and seek you out. For now, though, I think you should focus your attention on someone else. That hottie you were chattin up the other day, perhaps?

Sounds to me like you might wanna focus your attention on someone else... It's good to get experience points like that in, but she's definitely not jumping at the opportunity right now.

Shrug it off, she knows there's interest on your part- if she wants to, she'll come around and seek you out. For now, though, I think you should focus your attention on someone else. That hottie you were chattin up the other day, perhaps?

thanks man, thats exactly what my friend told me last night as I told him about the situation. Yeah, I'm just gonna chalk it up as "at least I tried." The other hottie I was chattin up, well shes giving me that "not interested" vibe as well. no biggie

Experience point... haha. very funny shady.

Nah, i don't think you have much self-esteem issue. You sounded much more functional than a lot of other people. The thing with highschool, i realized, is that they've seen you every single year. They're comfortable enough to hang out. But in University, to her, you're just another one of those guys who wants to strike a conversation with her, if she's really that gorgeous.

It sounds like you have good friends that really do support you in the whole process.