Am I being petty about this? Driving issue

Ok, its been 9 weeks with my current guy. We live about 40 minutes about which is a decent drive.

It should be noted that he has been having some major issues the last 6 weeks with child custody, etc...and so i'm sure it has been out of the question for him to make the drive. In the 9 weeks, hes made the drive twice..i have done the rest..both of his trips were in the weeks before the custody battles.

Its getting a little hard (the traveling, plus the added cost of gas actually) and im not sure how to approach this topic.

Here is where im taking issue I think...I dont think he appreciates the effort im making by driving down. I mean he is always happy to see me, greets me with a drink or something to eat. Takes me out when I visit, etc...BUT he seems to think nothing of asking me down there.

Now yes this means he wants to see me, misses me, wants me next to him..but this is the example.

I didnt see him on Vday as he had his son, but he wished me a happy v-day. The next day he contacted me and told me he missed me and would love to see me that night (i was off work the following day). I came down to visit, we had some drinks and watched a movie and cuddled up which was nice. In the morning, he had work...i took my time getting ready and locked up behind myself, and drove home.

ABout two hours later he texted flirty messages and then asked me if i would be willing to come down that night as his check had deposited that morning and he wanted to take me out. He took me to a really nice dinner and drinks and dancing and it was great. I stuck around till midafternoon the next day and we had a nice time hanging around.

Is this just a case of him being unable to come see me but trying to see me as often as possible or is he being unfair to me?

I do appreciate his generosity..but i kinda miss my place, my hometown..and he hasnt met ANY of my friends or family while Ive met at least 10 of his friends and all of his immediate family.

Im wanting to see him too, i miss him when we dont get together but i dont want to become too much on him combined with his other issues right now.

For instance, id love to see him tonight...but after spending thursday-saturday together and him having his son the past three nights...i dont know if i should suggest it or leave it to him to suggest me coming down.

in a word.... yes, ur being petty..........sorry but you cant expect too much from this man when he obviously has very serious commitments, which he is doing his best to honour.

It sounds to me like he loves being in your company very much, and at 9 weeks in, with his other issues, i would be expecting you to be far more supportive, rather than questioning - for goodness sake, what more can he do right now to let you know how much he wants to be with you?

I assume you have no kids yourself? i could be wrong

Look after him and take care