LOL I just cant find help.

I have searched everywhere online for help, but I just cant find that key to knowing how to break the ice when I find a girl I want to go out with.

basically, I am 14. I love PC's but girls are a lot better, so I want to try something new and get a girlfriend.

I am a freshman at my high school, and there is this girl in my German class, who sits near this other boy but only because the teacher assigned us seats. The two of them seem to get along, but I dont know if they are going out, so thats question number 1.

How do I know if I am walking on thin ice? I dont want to piss this guy off, heck I dont even know him. (I also have an issue with talking behind peoples backs)

number 2 would be, if she isnt going with him, how would I initiate conversation with her? She isnt dead gorgeous, stunningly beautiful, ect, but she is a nice girl who isnt shy and is very smart.

and my last question would be...

What do I say? I dont want to sound like some idiot. I know the speaking ratio should be 30% me 70% her, but I also dont want to sound like some nerd...

I know I lack confidence and nothing I pick up anywhere has helped me so far, so maybe there is somone who has been in my shoes or is in her shoes who can help me get through this.

K ive said enough, your turn =)

ok..first of all, just ask her. do you have any other classes with her? walk her to class, or after class to her locker. i'm sure you see her more than just in german class. there you go, say can i walk with you to class? or just walk with her anyways without asking. you're both going there right? chat with her and then ask her straight out, say it nicely, say can i ask you a personal question...are you seeing anyone? if she says yes, leave it at that, you've made a friend. if she says no, pursue it, gently. find out when she has lunch, sit by her, write her a short note and pass it to her, girls aren't aliens. but show confidence, you don't have to be a whiz, just be yourself. girls need a man with some confidence though. especially at your age, girls don't want a man with baggage or issues, no offense , she's just young.

My schools lunches are messed up.. There are 4 lunch periods, starting at 10 AM ranging to 12:20 pm.. She isnt really in my lunch and I havnt really spotted her in any other classes... I guess I will ask her on monday since you suggested it, and hopefullyI can muster the balls to actualy go through with it, heh.