Am I hitting my head against the wall?

Aoiumi

I met a guy that I really like. He was in town for 2 weeks during Xmas and New Year's visiting his family. His mother introduced us and we went out 4 times. I thought I was clear to him that I liked him. When he left he told me he would call but I never heard anything. A week later his mom tells me he thought I was too quiet and was not interested. I seriously thought I was doing a decent job of keeping the conversation going, telling him I wanted him to kiss me, holding his hand, getting somewhat intimate, telling him how cute and sexy he was--how could he not know that I liked him?

Anyway, I eventually e-mailed him after his mom gave me a long speech about how shy people must be more aggressive and go after what they want. He told me that he had fun hanging out with me but is not used to someone so quiet. He is still getting over a woman that broke his heart a few months ago but he said we should stay in touch and see what happens.

Literally, this guy has sent me through a range of emotions: Joy from finding such a nice guy; frustration when my friends told me he was no good and not worth my time (he wanted to get physical on the 3rd date while I am more conservative); anger when it seemed he had forgotten about me; and confusion over he is worth my continued effort.

I have no problem with sending him messages and letting him get to know me better, but I have the feeling his effort is going to be half-hearted...It's as though I like him a lot more than he likes me and I'm going to have to work doubly hard to convince him that I'm worth his time. That's the feeling I have, anyway.

I do really like this guy--I've never met a guy that I've liked this much--he has many of the qualities I am looking for. I understand you often have to go after what you really want in life but at what point are you hitting your head against the wall?

Aoiumi - I say - reluctantly - that you may be in for a few concusions before you realise he may mean "girls that don't put out" when he says "quiet girls"

I'm not saying at all that he's not worth the effort - he may very well be - but make sure you're not clouded....

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.

Aoiumi - I say - reluctantly - that you may be in for a few concusions before you realise he may mean "girls that don't put out" when he says "quiet girls"

I'm not saying at all that he's not worth the effort - he may very well be - but make sure you're not clouded....

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.

I agree with this. There could also be some baggage left over from that failed relationship he had. Of course, the thought of my mother fixing me up with ANYONE makes me feel uncomfortable in ways I cannot describe. As much as I love my dear, sweet mother, I would not want her to be a match maker. It's possible that may play a small part in the whole thing.