I recently made an entry on livejournal about how I'm going out on a date this Wednesday with someone I'm really in to.

C, my friend, leaves a comment saying "Dude. Can you at least call me or tell me all about this on AIM?"

A little history about us. A few years ago, I was in love with C. She didn't feel the same way about me. We stay friends and we have the occasional talk (nothing too serious, just general stuff) and we're just friends.

What I don't get is why she asked to tell her about my new friend on AIM. We are barely involved in each other's life anymore and I didn't think she would be interested in that part of my life.

Also, I have tried planning twice to see a movie with C (just as friends), but both times something came up and we weren't able to hang out. Maybe she's a little jealous that I'm taking someone else to the movies instead of her?

I think C may be feeling insecure. You said that you used to be in love with her, and even though she didn't share those feelings, it probably made her feel good to know that someone sees her that way.

This isn't to say that she's not acting irrationally; in my opinion, she is. However, I think your going on a date with another girl has made C feel insecure, like she is no longer loved.

Actually, it's been a long time since I had those feelings for her. I've been going out with T for 22 months and she hasn't said anything all those months, although C probably resented T because T didn't want me spending time or talking to C (understandable, since I WAS in love with her at one point).

It's the first time since I told her how I felt that we're both single now. I'm not sure if she has feelings for me now. She's been acting weird. She made an LJ entry about how she had new feelings for someone she's known for a few years. Even if it's not me, it's just not classically her character to make those kind of entries.

Hmm...so she's acting strangely towards you other than the comment she made? And she left that ambiguous post in her LJ?

Given how she reacted when she found out about your date, I think she may have feelings for you, and was a little put off that you got a date without talking to her about it. Even though you had no obligation to let her know, I think this may be how she's feeling.

yeah, i thought it might be something like that. What rotten timing too. I would like to ask her out again and see where this would go, but I think that if it didn't work out than it would just completely ruin our friendship.

So while I was trying to find her past post about the feelings she's developed for someone else that she's never had before, I realize that she deleted the entry. And I recently tried calling her, but she didn't pick up so I just left a message. She still hasn't called back. Of course, this is the first time I've called her in a long while, but she usually picks up the first time I call or calls back relatively soon.

I really hope this is all in my head though. As much as I would like to go out with her, I'm already going out with someone else. She's also such a great friend and I don't want anything getting in between that.