I was dumped by my girlfriend of four years for another guy she met while out of town for a month on business. We had a fight, and she turned to him for support. It hit me like a ton of bricks, I never expected this! Yesterday (new years eve), I went drinking with some of my friends. While hanging at the bar, I was introduced to a girl. I dont know if it was the overwhelming emotions I still feel, or the liquor...haha (I wasnt drunk, she wasnt either)...but I treated her pretty much like my old girlfriend. Making out, touching...etc. I was never a rebound for someone, or never had a rebound relationship, but is this kinda how it works? The feelings just switch faces? I can really understand how a rebound cant work if this ends up being the mechanics of the relationship....

I was dumped by my girlfriend of four years for another guy she met while out of town for a month on business. We had a fight, and she turned to him for support. It hit me like a ton of bricks, I never expected this! Yesterday (new years eve), I went drinking with some of my friends. While hanging at the bar, I was introduced to a girl. I dont know if it was the overwhelming emotions I still feel, or the liquor...haha (I wasnt drunk, she wasnt either)...but I treated her pretty much like my old girlfriend. Making out, touching...etc. I was never a rebound for someone, or never had a rebound relationship, but is this kinda how it works? The feelings just switch faces? I can really understand how a rebound cant work if this ends up being the mechanics of the relationship....

sometimes things like that aren't meant to be understood. Could be rebound, could be YOU JUST WANTING TO HAVE FUN....see where it goes, if you end up liking her, GREAT! If not, no big deal. Don't jump into something if it doesn't feel right but just go with the flow............. BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR~ and good luck

After a while those "transferred" feelings will go away because the girl you were with is not your ex-girlfriend, she is a totally different person and you will feel differently about her than you do about anyone else. Make sure you don't lead her on also, if you know this is only going to be a rebound fling, make sure that she understands you are not looking for a serious relationship and are only looking to have some no strings fun.

FA18, if every new person we'd meet after a break up would be a rebound, that would suck!! What are you supposed to do? Wait for the ?? person to come along?

You met someone, good for you, I'm glad...your showing the mature way of progressing with your life....enjoy yourself..how are you supposed to know that she is "the one" if you don't date....have fun my friend, but again be careful not to hurt her in the progress.....you seem like an intelligent person, so have fun and I wish you the best in the future....

I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of my girlfriend. I know that this is way to fresh for me to start dating again, but my girlfriend was in a relationship with this guy just days after our breakup. There seemed to be no problems at all before this fight we had, and I know that they are moving extremely fast with their relationship(its long distance as well).

FA18, I'm sorry your hurting my friend, but you're going to have to "let her go"

I know it's hard, but it's the mature, respectable way...you see, you're gonna have to go NC, no text, no reply, no nothing.....ok, right now she is having HER moment, it's all about HER, don't feel responsible, it's not YOU....let her enjoy her "newness" , most of the time , it doesn't last.....but the most important thing, is for you to "heal" and from what I've read you're doing great....enjoy the dating, see a movie, play sports....take your mind off your ex...

"She cheated on you" why would you want her back? Could you trust her if she went out of town again? You'd be a wreck!!

I know, tough questions, but the "truth"