I've got 2 questions.

One- how many days is the average cycle? I was always told that it was 28 days. Well, my friend has told me that I am misinformed. She said it could be 25 days, which she claims her cycle is, or it could be more, like 30 days or so.

I'm asking because on day one of my last cycle, my period started (of course.) It lasted 7 days. Well ever since my period ended my fiance and I have been having sex everynight unprotected and he has been ejaculating inside me. This is because we want to have a baby. (Please don't judge me despite some of you having read my other threads.) Well day 28 has arrived, on December the 3rd. No period. It's now December the 5th so either A) I did indeed conceive, or B) my cycle lasts longer than 28 days.

I never charted this before so I don't know how many days my cycle is. Like I said, it is either longer than 28 days or I have conceived. I do have some PMS symptoms though, like fatigue and irritability. Some cramping too. This is all very typical of the symptoms I experience prior to my period.

So my questions are, how many days is the average cycle? Does it vary greatly from woman to woman? Also, are my chances of being pregnant high?

Your friend is right in saying that everyones cycle is different. Adverage means just that, an adverage so some could be longer or shorter cycles.

if you are trying to conceive and want to try charting your cycles there is a site I used, that is free and cant hurt to try it: link removed

As for you saying your period hasnt come yet, why not take a test to see if you are? They are reliable from the first day of your missed period.

Do you have any other symptoms to think you may be pregnant?

I am a little disturbed that you are trying to make a baby given all your recent post about the instability in your relationship, no judgement given here but how much thought have you given into this? A baby is permanant you wont be able to send them back.

Also, what do you have for insurance? If you have health insurance you probally should go to the doctor and get a checkup, with an OB/GYN this will help to have a healthier pregnancy if you want to concieve.. Also look into taking prenatal vitamins now, before you actually become pregnant.

31-ish days here... they are all different, and can even vary in one person. i've been through times when mine were different almost every month.

get a pregnancy test from the drugstore (i always get the two-pack). take one today, and if you are still unsure, you'll have another stick for in a couple of days.

Your friend is right in saying that everyones cycle is different. Adverage means just that, an adverage so some could be longer or shorter cycles.

if you are trying to conceive and want to try charting your cycles there is a site I used, that is free and cant hurt to try it: link removed

Coincidentally, I registered on that website last night. It's a pretty cool site, isn't it? Thanks for the link.

As for you saying your period hasnt come yet, why not take a test to see if you are? They are reliable from the first day of your missed period.

Do you have any other symptoms to think you may be pregnant?

Well I haven't taken a test yet because I don't want to waste the money on one if I'm not pregnant. (I've only been able to find ones that cost like $13, eeek.) If my cycle is longer than 28 days (as I'm starting to suspect) then my period isn't due yet. I guess I should give it another week and then try a test.

I am a little disturbed that you are trying to make a baby given all your recent post about the instability in your relationship, no judgement given here but how much thought have you given into this? A baby is permanant you wont be able to send them back.

I understand what you're saying and you're right. But, I would love my baby no matter who the father was. If we broke up, I wouldn't want to send the child back. I do know one thing, and that would be that he's a good father. He already has a 3 year old daughter from a previous relationship.

Also, what do you have for insurance? If you have health insurance you probally should go to the doctor and get a checkup, with an OB/GYN this will help to have a healthier pregnancy if you want to concieve.. Also look into taking prenatal vitamins now, before you actually become pregnant.

Well.. I don't have insurance currently. That's all good advice, I will definitely do that.

When was the first day of your last period?

Do you track your periods at all?

Usually the day you get your period, you count 28 days and that's when your next one is due, or sometime around then.

But every woman is different. My cycle was 27 days, same every month like clockwork.

Well, I've just started tracking them, since we decided to try and have a baby. Last month my period was on the 12th of November, so going by the average 28 day cycle, it would be due to start the 3rd of December. (Wouldn't it?? Or am I calculating wrong? This stuff confuses me so much.) I'm guessing my cycle isn't shorter than 28 days or it would have started earlier, right?? So I guess it's longer than 28 days as well, or it would have started on the 3rd as calculated.

my cycle is only 21 days while i know a girl who's cycle tends to be 32. it varies. you don't mark down on a calendar when you last got your period so u can be prepared for it when it comes the next month?

Well, I started to last month, and by my calculations it would be due the 3rd of December. Hasn't started yet, so I'm guess I either conceived or my cycle is longer than 28 days. Perhaps I'm one of those girls who's cycle is 32 days like your friend.

Question ladies, what's the longest possible cycle one could have? For some reason the number 40 keeps popping up in my head, I think maybe I've read somewhere that the maximum number of days a cycle could last is 40 days??

31-ish days here... they are all different, and can even vary in one person. i've been through times when mine were different almost every month.

get a pregnancy test from the drugstore (i always get the two-pack). take one today, and if you are still unsure, you'll have another stick for in a couple of days.

Due to being a bit broke at the moment, I'll have to wait til Friday. But I will definitely get the twopack.

Well, I've just started tracking them, since we decided to try and have a baby. Last month my period was on the 12th of November, so going by the average 28 day cycle, it would be due to start the 3rd of December. (Wouldn't it?? Or am I calculating wrong? This stuff confuses me so much.) I'm guessing my cycle isn't shorter than 28 days or it would have started earlier, right?? So I guess it's longer than 28 days as well, or it would have started on the 3rd as calculated.

No, if your cycle was 28 days and your last period was November 12th, then you would be due December 10th.

November 12th + 28 days = December 10th

No, if your cycle was 28 days and your last period was November 12th, then you would be due December 10th.

November 12th + 28 days = December 10th

My period ended on the 18th though. I'm so confused. I thought that the day my period started would be considered as Day one, and day 7 was the day my period ended which it did. Then day 8, and so on, and so on, until day 28.. would be December 2nd, and day one again would be December 1st. I mean I've got it charted on my calendar and I'm sitting here looking at it and getting really confused. Am I supposed to add 28 days AFTER my period ends or before or keep counting as day one to day 7 to day 14 and so on ? I'm so confused now.

I realize that I sound very confusing as well. Here's what I mean, the best way I can put it:

Wait nevermind, oh my god, I'm a complete idiot. On the calendar, on the blank spaces in November which would signify December starting, I kept marking the numbers, ... like Day 20 on the calendar right after Nov 30th, would of course would be December 1st, so on December 1st I've got day 27... Oh my god, what an idiot. I have to do this whole thing over. Born2Resist, you were right.

I'm starting to feel some pretty bad cramps right now, anyway. Guess I didn't conceive! And my period isn't late anyway. Heh, sorry everyone. I'm a dumb@ss. After correctly rewriting my calendar chart, I see that it is indeed December 10th that I will start if I do indeed have a 28 day cycle. Gaaaah, what an idiot I am. Heeeh! Sorry everyone.