have you been betrayed?

Yep!

I dated a guy for 2 years and I thought we would get married, and it turns out the entire time he was lying to me about being an alcoholic ( a functional one, he worked and went to school and did well) and he had lost his lisense due to multiple DUI's but was still driving me around and also driving my car places. He had been to detox on a court order for a week while we were together, and he told me he was on vacation! I believed him.

When I found out I was so angry, and hurt! I dumped him. I felt totally betrayed.

I dated this man for 7 months. He had be beliving he was in love with me: I had his house key and the entire nine yards. He started changing not wanting me to see him and always yeeling at me always kicking me out his house. We broke up after complications. He would tell me oh never will I have a relatiponship again. But he love me and wanted to marry m and I have his child. I would make love with me. NOw I find out he bad moths m saying I flaunt myself around him. I tight got a great body and am spanish. SHe is good in bed she always came on to me. This coming from a Man who would be so emontinal when he saw me clinging on me and promising to never leave me. He speaks about me like I'm a hooker, a * * * *. Another thing is. I am under age and now I'm revengefull. To bad for him RIght? Betrayal gone wrong in his case . Heck yea!

That is crazy he lied about being a drunk. Was leaving you for a period of time. WHat was he doing? Do you think he was cheating on you during that time or just trying to get some space. And That was very strong of you to realize he wasn't healthy for you!

I found out afterwards that he was in court ordered detox in a hospital for a week, and he had told me he was on vacation.

I was also very angry because when I met him, I was just coming off of a 5 year live in engagement with a man who was a violent alcoholic, which is why I think he didn't tell me, because he knew I wouldn't see him. (not an excuse, but probably the reason). So angry that it gave me the strength to leave him. It was hard, and afterwards I questioned it and struggled with it, for awhile.

No, I don't think he was cheating on me. He adored me and we got along great- as long as he could keep his drinking problem a secret from me. Looking back I wonder, 'How could I have not seen the signs? How could I be so dumb?'

But he was very clever. He was in law school at the time, and he's a lawyer now. Funny how he gets paid 100,000$ a year to lie for a living.

Another thing is. I am under age and now I'm revengefull. To bad for him RIght? Betrayal gone wrong in his case . Heck yea!

Be careful with this one, Adrisnow. Revenge does nothing but poison your heart and mind. Why would you want to stoop to his level?

All it does is allow you to hold onto him for that much longer, allow the hurt he caused you to carry on that much longer, and allow him to still have power over you. Don't let him have that satisfaction.

The best revenge is living well without him.

Yep I had a best friend of 20+ years betray me and I will never forgive her and recently another friend is starting to do the same thing. Don't know what it is but I'm finding people just abruptly turning on me for no reason. I say fook em, don't need that * * * * in my life.

yea that sure is . Crazy. He was ashamed it seems. He did lie and it seems you are happy now he is gone. How long ago was that and... Have you met another person who makes you happy and you get along great with?

I left him in 2000. I've been with a wonderful man now for 4 years and I am very happy with him. I bumped into the ex a few months ago and he's married now with a young baby. I wish him well. My best revenge has been being happy and successful without him.

Very true Hope, But He has seriously hurt me. And I feel If I don't make him leave my life. I believe just that much longer I will be living in pain.Right?

All you have to do is end things with him, start NC and stick to it. There doesn't have to be any drama attached to it. There's no reason to make it harder than it really is- unless you aren't really ready to have him out of your life for good.

my ex betrayed me many times. The one that sticks out the most and that hurt me the most was this....

We broke up in the beginning of our 2nd year of University. There is a formal every year he could take a date to and we went in the 1st year. Since we were broken up in 2nd year we discussed it, he told me he wanted to be able to take me as a friend and that it would be really good if we could do that. A week before the event he asked another girl without telling me...I had to ask him. Well that CRUSHED me but that is not the betrayal I am getting at here. The next couple years went by and we struggled for a friendship. We were now in our last year and had begun to start a friendship that was really working...things were great. The time for him to ask someone to the formal came again....part of me wanted him to take me to show me that he really did care about our friendship...that he and I could finally do something like that as friends and have a great time. It would have meant a lot to me.

Instead he asked another girl again. Not just any other girl. He asked me very best friend. I lived with her, and I spend every second of the day with her. I had problems with their friendship for a long time, it hurt me to say the least....he knew all of that, and he asked her anyway.

That was one of MANY times he betrayed me.

Luckly my best friend cared about me enough to tell him no.