Looking for a Job

I'm currently looking for a new hairstylist job. I have a list of salons I would like to apply? Would you suggest first calling these salons and asking whether or not they are hiring, then ask to come in and fill out an application? Or should I go in to each location and ask for an application?

I disagree. If I were you I'd just stop by at those salons personally and asks for the manager. Even if they are not hiring at least you are giving them the impression that you're serious about this and you are putting in the effort.

I agree. A personal, in your face impression is one that people remember. Besides, if you just call-you never know, you could have some employee on the edge of being fired to tell you that they're not hiring.

I agree with the others, walk in, be very courteous and friendly, and hand them your resume, make sure you have a strong set of references on it, and if they are indeed hiring, say "Thank you and I hope you will consider me for a spot at your salon." Then write a thank you note that you mail a few days later thanking them for taking their time to meet with you.

Hugs, Rose